1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Post your favorite self-made recording!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mattsk42, May 1, 2006.

1. As in, one that YOU played bass in. I'd like to hear solo stuff, but if all you have is band that's cool too. How about #1 solo, and #2 band. For me:
    1. Don't have one
    2. Don't have one

:D

2. JHL

JHL

Apr 8, 2005
    London, England
    Shouldn't this be in the "Recordings" forum?

3. Yeah I never thought to put it there! :rolleyes: Mods?

Remember: Your FAVORITE recording of yourself and/or band.

4. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    Here's me playing all the instruments.
    Recorded this 2 weeks ago. It was a first rough mix. Guitar's a little low. I was using my fretless.

Here's another recent w/bass & drums only. Click on the 4th mp3 "Drums n Bass" http://h1.ripway.com/BluesCat/

5. Wow that's really good. I would have never guessed it was a fretless, actually. That's great by itself, but if you added vocals it would be amazing. I might be biased, that's exactly the type of music I like, but I thought it sounded good on all parts. :bassist:

6. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    You can hear some of my noodles at my site. The first one is a hymn the I arranged for bass. It's played on my Alembic 6 string. The second is just me messing around on my fretless over a B string drone. The third is my friend's song, I'm playing my Warrior fretless 6 string on that too. The fourth one is a worship song I wrote for church, forgive my vocals:) I'm playing guitar on it too. Oh ya, I'm playing my Warrior fretless on that one as well. I love that buttery tone.

www.myspace.com/stevebassman

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    My favorite solo recording would probably be this one:
    A Simple Groove

And my favorite from my old band (haven't been playing in any sort of group for a LONG time now):
    Crooning Wilt

Pretty different stuff.

8. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
  9. Steve-O18

Steve-O18

Feb 19, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Bryan, I'm really digging the groove you got going on there, very solid.

Here's something I did out of sheer boredom the other day and ended up liking. Sorry for the seemingly never-ending loop.

I'd post something from last summer's band's gigs but the files are too big to attach and I got nowhere to host em'.

Steve

10. Great stuff guys! You notice I didn't post anything. I don't have anything to post, so I'm looking for inspiration. This has definitely helped! :hyper:

11. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

12. juanete

juanete

May 15, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
  13. steve4765630

steve4765630

Feb 27, 2006
    I love "In Days of Wine and Roses" and your funk version is pretty cool. I think it gets a little crazy in the middle, but you may have just hit the psyco switch on accident:)

14. juanete

juanete

May 15, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I did that psycho middle part on purpose just for fun...:) :bassist:

15. phillys

phillys

Feb 4, 2006
    Malaysia
    Two of the songs that we've recorded with literally 0 experience in recording.

God Who Never Sleeps
    and
    You Are Beautiful

Recording and mixing are done by yours sincerely and any suggestions, feedback, help, critics, pls direct them my way either through PM or anything. We as a band need a LOT of help.

Thanks!

16. KayCee

KayCee

Oct 4, 2004
    Shawnee, KS
    Very nice! How did you record the bass? Lotta lows.

17. KayCee

KayCee

Oct 4, 2004
    Shawnee, KS
    Excellent bass playing and musicianship!

18. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    For those who dig alternapoprock here's a track off my upcoming solo disc Deposition. I don't know that it's my favorite (record a solo record and you'll learn to hate them all) track, but I did everything on it but play drums.Catherine the Great

19. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Seriously- my recordings always seem to fart out when I try to record that deep and low.