1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post your Mammoth Settings!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by whoatherechunk, Mar 24, 2009.

1. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    So we all know that the Mammoth is not a very versatile pedal on its own but it does indeed do what it intends do pretty damn well.....but anyways I would like to see what other settings people like to use.

I keep the output obviously at unity with my rig which is around 50%, EQ with plenty of low end so that's around like 25%, the pinch around 40%, and the wool around 75%.

How do you guys use your mammoth?

Chris.

2. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    I pretty much left it alone except the pinch knob. Crank the gain, tone at 1/3 or 2/3, volume to just above unity.

Pinch at 0 or just enough that noise between notes was quiet for raging distort-y fuzz... and all the way up, or just a bit down for gated, pinched stuff.

3. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    yup. that's how i like it as well.

4. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Mine is always set at output whatever it needs to be, tone about 9-11 o'clock, pinch at 2,3, or 4 depending how I'm feeling and gain all the way up.

I love that gated sound.

5. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Tone between 9 and 12 O'clock, Pinch either at zero or where it starts gating (1 O'clock), Wool dimed.

6. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i'm waiting for john davis to chime in :D