1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post your old/stupid band pics!! (the more embarrassing the better) Part 2!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Vic, Dec 20, 2010.

1. basso_profundo

basso_profundo

Mar 12, 2012
    Denver, CO
    So 80s! So awesome! But I think we could use some more details...name of the band? Drums, guitar, and bass? What were the big influences? Outfield? The Hooters? REM? U2? Inxs? You guys don't look look New Wave or Classic or Thrash Metal to me...

Jimmy4string and Eli_Kyiv like this.
  2. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    This is a photo from 1981 of a lineup of a band I was in called Lickety Split. The band did very well and went through several lineups over a 7 year period but I was there for the entire run. I have great memories of that band. This bunch of guys had so much fun and we did so many funny things and goofy props as part of the show.

That is me in the back.

upload_2020-12-22_11-20-23.png

3. IMG_20190223_0002.jpg 1977, Mark Glenn and the Young Sisters, Portland Or. I'm on the far right.

osv, jeffbrown, Bunk McNulty and 9 others like this.
  4. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    Really? I'd guess second from the left looks the most like a younger version of your avatar.

5. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Mill Valley, CA
    Not a full band pic, but here is me around 1985 or 1986 at the infamous Mickey Rats in Buffalo, NY (my hometown). Contrast the hair in the pic against the hair in my profile pic :-( The ends of my rotosounds are the most embarrassing thing about this pic.

me.jpg

osv, Jimmy4string, BassCliff and 5 others like this.
  6. No, sadly I'm the only one of the males still living.

7. ahbradot

ahbradot

Dec 14, 2019
    Florida
    1992.jpg Photo in 1992 playing the 1985 Gibson Explorer bass. I still have that bass and now it's painted black.

Nuage420, since197three, osv and 10 others like this.
  8. It looks like a leotard.

kobass likes this.
  9. @Moviecine that band had the look! I like that bass and the coloring. Why did you change it?
    What did the girl do?

10. ahbradot

ahbradot

Dec 14, 2019
    Florida
    Barakade@The Roxy1995.jpg
    Hello Jimmy,

I changed the look of the bass slightly while playing in the 90's with the changing of the times because I felt the that Gibson Explorer looked a little too 80's.
    I now regret painting the bass black.

In the previous photo that groupie girl surprised me from behind as she snuck up from behind to get a photo together. She's got her hands on her knees and a beautiful smile.
    A few years ago she found me on FB and posted that other photo.

Attached here is a photo that Gibson Explorer the with new painted black color playing a gig at The Roxy Music Hall back in 1995 with in band Barakade (the guitarist and the lead singer both moved to Florida and we are getting some rehearsals lined up again, yay!).

11. Tom Kinter

Tom Kinter Supporting Member

1970: one-off Stooges tribute concert, Canton, NY... that's my trusty Hagstrom Coronado, which I still play.
    1970aa1920 copy.jpg

12. bass4more

bass4more Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Oakland, CA
    You were doing a Stooges tribute show in 1970? Impressive.

13. Tom Kinter

I checked my college yearbooks - yah, Nov. 1970... wasn't due to any prescience on my part, I was totally innocent of the Stooges. I was doing it as a favor for the guy playing Iggy Pop (One Hans Jenny, and I must say, he really had it down). At that particular point I was kind of being an obnoxious jazz snob, but the music was pretty close to stuff I'd played in HS like the Seeds, Standells, Spencer Davis, etc. so I got by. It was so bad it was good.

14. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    Mid-70s. Central Ohio. Band was called Zeet after an R. Crumb comic. Not just hippies, but sneering hippies! I'm second from left, playing guitar back then. With a lot less belly and a lot more hair.:D

Zeet.png

osv, TedH, Bassed in NZ and 5 others like this.
  15. Tom Kinter

great picture! those trees; really looks central ohio! I was in Cincinnati about then.

Bunk McNulty and 12BitSlab like this.
  16. PDGood

PDGood

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Perfect timing. Our band, Lickety Split broke up right around '81.

Eli_Kyiv and kobass like this.
  17. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    My band called Lickety Split ran for 7 years from January 1978 to December 1984. :thumbsup:

TerribleTim68 and kobass like this.
  18. PDGood

PDGood

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    OMG...we have an overlap and thus a copyright crisis!!
    Well...we played places nobody ever heard of so really there are no witnesses against us.

19. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    We had a 45 record out in 1978 on the radio for a regional hit. Does that count for something? :laugh:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    osv, BassCliff, PMagers and 4 others like this.
  20. PDGood

PDGood

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Absolutely! That counts bonus points! We have no recordings, so you don't even need the bonus points, but still it's cool. The only worthy musical thing in our band was a fella that went on to become one of Atlanta's great guitarists - Jody Worrell. After us he played with some truly great bands and is now an online instructor.

Oh, and we did have the extraordinary Ed Jones who re-coned a speaker in our hotel room after a drunk fell into the P.A. and who also built a computerized lighting system from scratch in 1980 when no one hardly new what computers were.

But we have no recordings. And for that we may be thankful.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021