1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Post your old/stupid band pics!! (the more embarrassing the better) Part 2!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Vic, Dec 20, 2010.

1. 1980's working out a song I wrote with my guitarist and yeah that is not a bass it is his Fender Strat
    upload_2021-1-25_13-47-55.png

nateh415, roccobass, McG and 6 others like this.
  2. Atshen

Atshen

Mar 13, 2003
    Grim Cold Québec
    ^^ Nice shirt.

3. I bought it at the show in 1982 saw them at the Palladium in NY Beast on the Road tour :) Steve was amazing he ran around like a mad man playing those killer lines

this is the show I went to crazy

Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    bass4more, Atshen, McG and 2 others like this.
  4. Atshen

Atshen

Mar 13, 2003
    Grim Cold Québec
    ^^ Awesome!!

5. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    I just found this photo in an old high school yearbook of my band, Lickety Split, playing for a high school homecoming dance in 1981. This lineup of the band was a lot of fun. We took the music very seriously and did a wide variety of songs including southern and country rock, hard rock, pop, metal, and other things. We incorporated a funny stage show along with the songs that went over very well with the audiences.

In this photo, we are playing "Whip It" by Devo and we all had goofy outfits on. I am wearing an umbrella hat and giant sunglasses. The guy in the middle was our light man and roadie and he is wearing a garbage bag. He is holding two pieces of wood and every time we would sing "crack that whip", he would smack the pieces of wood together to sound like a whip cracking.

Sad to say the light man passed away years ago and he was a very good friend of mine. The lead guitarist, who is not in the photo, has also passed away.

What a treat to find this photo! I never knew it existed until today.

upload_2021-3-5_16-52-25.png

6. Eon Sky

Eon Sky Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Pacific Northwest
    This was...15 years ago? The drummer on the left who could never get over the fact that his goatee was crooked (love you, brotha), the singer/guitar player on the right with the hat, and the bass player in the back who secretly never actually liked country music.

band.jpg

7. That look on your face - I don't think it was much of a secret! :roflmao:

8. buzzbass

buzzbass

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    me circa 1983

upload_2021-3-25_11-9-43.png

9. MadDrKieck

MadDrKieck

Mar 2, 2021
    Secaucus, NJ
    IMG_35321.jpg
    Circa 2004. The band name was A Lot of Fire, generic hardcore/thrash of the time. Should've been called A Lot of Mismatched Guitar Riffs. I'm the guy with the Henry Rollins neck in the back with the cheap Ibanez GTO bass. +2 exp for the Beavis sticker. This was before a show at CBGB's, why or how we got booked there is beyond me.

10. 1267415_10200627619115775_1028085842_o.jpg This is just after I had started playing bass. That's me playing lead trumpet in the stage band at HS in the upper right corner...

Randy

11. Here's the other end of my music career.... opening up for Ruben Studard/Lalah Hathaway show...
    FB_IMG_1606223864887.jpg
    This is just for the monitors... would be nice to have this full time...
    IMG_20140405_180111_684.jpg
    Ruben stopping through with his dry cleaning on the way to his dressing room when we're about to go on...

Ruben.jpg

Ruben's bass player.
    IMG_20140405_222319_863 (1).jpg

Sound check.
    IMG_20140405_163109_657.jpg

Notice Ruben's bass player's bass... same as me, Marcus Miller Fender Jazz V natural finish... one in a thousand, talk about weird coincidences. IMG_20140405_204903_562.jpg

We had worked out transitions between songs, tried lots of options, and one spot apparently everyone remembered something different. For 4 beats it sounded like if you took a box full of pots and pans and rolled them all down the stairs at the same time. I was like "oh no! major trainwreck!" But everyone came out on the one and didn't miss a beat...
    Randy

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  12. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Running out of really old pics to post, so here are a couple of our acoustic trio project about a dozen years ago.

At the Orange County Fair.

GJG 2.jpg

And the opposite end of the spectrum one week earlier, a small coffee house.

100_0244.jpg

13. ok - this came up as a 'memory' on Facebook
    my old band Split Second circa 2014 - just as we were about to start playing
    I miss playing in this band, but don't miss all the traveling - rehearsals and gigs were always about an hour away (or more)

011_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=6Cp4DFrt4lgAX-wDfSC&_nc_ht=scontent.fakl4-1.jpg

McG, Bassed in NZ, delta7fred and 4 others like this.
  14. mwbonsall

mwbonsall Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2000
    Casa Grande, Arizona
    New Year's, 1978 I think...

Mark Bonsall 1977-3 (1).jpg

Mark

Richland123, McG, kobass and 4 others like this.
  15. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

A friend of mine found this picture, Country Christmastime in the early 90s.

90s-cliff.jpg

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Amano, Richland123, McG and 7 others like this.
  16. don't know if I've already posted this one somewhere, but this is me about 1995? playing in 'Overdrive' - a hard rock covers band
    I was going for the 'Punk' look with tie died T-shirt and metal chain around my neck....
    I had also shaved the back and sides of my head... leaving what looks like a 'mop' on top
    oh well I thought I looked cool anyway!

we were playing out on a boat called the William C Daldy in Auckland Harbour and I'm playing my Tokai Precision bass, that sadly got stolen a few years later :(

1900017_10203068856099484_384133386_n.jpg

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021