1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post Your Parallel Processing Pedalboard Preamp Chains!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dannybuoy, Sep 29, 2017.

1. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Having been inspired by the Tech21 Geddy/Dug amps, I just tried blending an Effectrode PC-2A tube compressor in parallel with a VT Bass, and holy hell does it sound good! By itself, the VT can over compress lows and make them sound mushy, but this totally fixes that and it still sounds natural.

Any of you guys blend more than one preamp in parallel, or a pre with a compressor? Interested to try this with a Tech21 Oxford next if I can find a good deal on one!

zapped777 likes this.
  2. BunchyMutt

BunchyMutt Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    As soon as my DSM Drivemaker arrives I'll be running dirt in parallel but I'm interested in parallel preamps. Sub'd.

3. TheLopp

TheLopp

Dec 30, 2013
    I've been doing this for years and I love it! Now I use a Noble for a clean tubesound and I mix it with a VT Bass that sounds like a pushed tube amp. The mix is really good and I've never sounded better with my in ears.

And I send both signals to FOH so it's up to the sound guy to mix what he thinks fits best for both the room and the songs. I trust him 100% and I know that he adjust even within songs when it's a more mellow part or a more aggressive one.

dannybuoy likes this.
  4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    That sounds pretty similar to my setup, I have the compression barely on so I'm really just using it as a tube preamp! It boosts the lows too, so perfect as a deep clean channel.

That Noble costs a lot of beans though, I'd like to try one some day to see what the fuss is all about!

5. TheLopp

TheLopp

Dec 30, 2013
    I have a Cali76-TX and used to use that as a "clean" DI and then a VMT Deluxe as a dirty channel. Really good too but I felt like I needed an amp sim after the overdrive so I got the VT Bass instead.

Now I use a Cali76 CB before everything instead. Just barely on but it helps a lot. Especially live where it can get a bit rough sometimes.

6. BunchyMutt

BunchyMutt Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Two Notes Le Bass players using it in cold fusion mode would be in the parallel processing camp. Maybe Darkglass AO and old VMT, along with Pike's Vulcan could also qualify