1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post your practice rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by linuxmann, Oct 28, 2013.

1. linuxmann

linuxmann

Jun 10, 2013
    Hey just wanted to post my little practice rig setup and see what others are using as a bedroom/basement practice rig. Mine is a Fender Rumble 100 15" combo, Behringer Xenyx 1002B Mixer and a laptop to run drum loops to the input of the amp. The mixer doesn't really get used unless I wanna play around with some effects, but I could have a guitar player and myself plug in to the mixer and run it out to the bass amp for a practice session. Let's see your practice rigs!

2. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Mine is a Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 with a 12" Genz Benz cab.

Plenty loud and super portable. Nothing like 300watts of tube power, but still a great practice rig.

3. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Mine is a Line 6 Bass Pod and Sony 7506 Headphones

4. Temezki

Temezki

Jul 1, 2012
    Finland
    Home: Warwick Blue Cab 30.1 and Boss GT6B
    Band practice: Laney RB9, Laney RB410 and pedalboard

5. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    Line 6 studio 10

or JBL G2

Either work great for small gigs too. Both have xlr outs.

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Fender Bassman 25. Great little practice amp. It is handy because you can run a computer or MP3 into it via the stereo RCA input. Also, you can either run through the speaker or use headphones that bypass the speaker. So, you can hear both your music and the bass through either the speaker or headphones. I think they changed them recently so you may have to get one used to get it set up like this one.

bassman.

7. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    amprosmall_zpse614999c.

;)

8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    010p1_zps9da0edc2.

Modified with Emenence Basslite S2012 Neo woofer and cab lined with Sonic Barrier acoustic foam. Sounds Fantastic! :)

9. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    artworks-000042252344-nmpem3-t500x500.

10. orangejulius3

orangejulius3 Supporting Member

May 6, 2013
    La Habra CA
    Practice rig in my room is two amps that I go back in forth with.

GK 400RBII - 200watts @4ohms
    Ampeg PF500 - 500watts @4ohms
    Into
    Avatar SB112 rated 500watts @4ohms
    This sits on a Auralex great gramma

11. Interceptor

Interceptor

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    ProTools + Sony 7506 headphones.

12. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

For practice I plug my bass into the line-in of my computer and use headphones. For rehearsals and gigs I'll use any combination of these:

Amps-
    GK 800RB
    Fender Bassman 100

Cabinets-
    GK 410 Neo
    Carvin RL 210
    Carvin RL 115

040409_1704a.

GK-newcab-sm_zps3344c574.

DSCF2770b_zps1586411f.

DSCF2917b_zps8dae4639.

What I'd like to have is one of the new microbass heads. I'll have to save up some more gig money. ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

13. linuxmann

linuxmann

Jun 10, 2013
    It's cool to see a couple other Fender bass combos posted. My Rumble 100 1x15 is nothing special and wont blow you away sound and power wise, but it really gets the job done and is more than adequate. For it's price point, it is a great amp and can be used for small live gigs. I've tested out an Ampeg BA115 combo and it had better sound but they are more expensive new and tend to hold there value better in the used market...as they should for the better sound quality. But, the Fender Rumble series gets you a darn good bass amp for a good price!

14. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    TC Electronic RH750/RS210/RS212.

A bit excessive, but sounds great. I also use it for most gigs these days. Also very convenient for using various basses, which I do a lot at home.

My other rig is in our rehearsal studio, the TC rig sits at home between gigs.

15. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    For home practice, I still like my ancient GK200rcb head into a home-made 15" cab with an EV15M speaker in it. Sounds really good at condo-friendly volumes, and doesn't require any tube warm-up time.

16. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    SWR Baby Blue II with an EBS Microbass II. This essentially gives me 4 different channels/sounds available at the touch of a button.
    This is also my primary recording rig.

17. main_sale

main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I use this '67 B-15-N.

B-15-NWEB.

18. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    I have two practice rigs at home:
    #1: Fretless acoustic bass guitar on a stand next to the couch.
    #2: P bass (and a Telecaster) --> Korg Pandora --> Boss looper --> SWR 10" combo amp

19. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    OK now you're just showin' off. :p