Post your Precision!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by philthygeezer, Jul 30, 2004.

1. philthygeezer

May 22, 2002
    I did a search and this hasn't been done in at least 3 months, and I'm tired of clicking on disabled links.

Trying to get ideas for configuration on one I'm building.

Show us your P-bass!

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Just got it. Original '56

3. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Here's the '59 that I owned for about a week. Can you say seller's remorse? :bawl:

4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Does this count?

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

only if these do :smug:

6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA

Essex counts! heh.

Fretless, now strung with Elixir Nanoweb roundwounds.
  7. Here's mine, but sadly it's for sale
  8. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Here's my Squire...
  9. bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    How do you get the link to show up as an img like that? I tried using the 'insert image' thing, but it just showed up as a regular link.
  10. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I use the quick reply; I just put a '[​IMG]' after.
  11. My unbranded P is on the wall in the middle (obviously). Not much to look at, but I just wanted to participate.

12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    From L to R..... (All MIA's)
    98, 78, 97 & 95.
    The 95 is the one I'm playing in my avatar.
  13. Here's my 79 lefty..
    I intsalled a set of seymour Duncan active pick-ups. It's kinda like the old timex watch has taken a lickin over the years but it's still tickin.
  14. :eek: nice bass man,I like the trebble thumb/finger rest too!
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's not even a sound thing for me. Why can't people make more basses with necks for the burly handed man? They have big and tall shops, they have triple-reenforced steel toilets for the morbidly obese... why can't they make more basses with a nut width of 1.62 or greater?

Is it really that much to ask? Almost EVERY high end 4 banger is a jazz neck, and I can't play them. Besides Fender, only Spector and G&L seem to know what I'm talkin' about (custom luthiers like Roscoe, who makes a 1.6" nut on his 4s, don't count. Since they're custom and all). If there are any other makers of quality basses with 1.62"(42mm)+ necks out there, lemme know.
  16. Woodboy

Jun 9, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Here's my P-Style bass that I made from scratch. Flamed mahogany cap over chambered alder body, Honduras rosewood fingerboard, Aero pickup with passive treble roll-off circuit. I find I can get it to sound like a Jazz if I play close to the bridge and the inimitable P sound over the pickup.