1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post your Quarantunes here!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by superheavyfunk, Mar 31, 2020.

1. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Like many of you, I'm stuck in mandatory self-isolation. So to pass the time, I'm recording as much as possible, to prepare for the (hopefully) eventual return to normalcy.

Post whatever you've been working on in this thread!

mikewalker likes this.
  2. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto

3. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    I make on average one song a day. Not everything is gold but here's the one I made today... I think it's pretty cool:

andruca, MonetBass, P A U L and 16 others like this.
  4. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    Per the thread title-
    I think you may have meant to say.., (ahem)... Quarantunes.

I'll see myself out.

5. superheavyfunk

superheavyfunk 音楽は人生だ

Mar 11, 2013
    Toronto
    Fixed. :thumbsup::D

210superair and wraub like this.
  6. aekisz

aekisz

Jul 4, 2006
    I’m writing one COVID19 tune a week, just solo Breedlove ABG and voice on an iPhone. This is the first (After the Plague). Working on number two.

J_Bass, nambassist, JRA and 4 others like this.
  7. MycooLeeyun

MycooLeeyun Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sounds sick! What is your recording setup like? Do you mix your own tracks?

8. MycooLeeyun

MycooLeeyun Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Here's my most recent quarantine jam that I recorded this weekend:

9. nickpc

nickpc

Jul 23, 2012
    As part of my lessons, now done online, we are working through the first Joe Jackson album (Look Sharp!). From "One More Time" to "Got The Time." It's long been on my "Someday I'll be good enough to play that" list, and that day will never get here if I don't work for it.

Tex Bass, Low Crow and aekisz like this.
  10. 210superair

210superair

Sep 10, 2019
    I've really enjoyed hearing everyone's stuff, great work all of yas...

Was goofin with this Floyd cover on Sunday. It still sounds quite rough, as quiet time is difficult to find. You can hear my five year old in parts of it, lol. The vocals were meant to be redone, these are just guides, and all the instruments are one take, so there's some mistakes, but whatever... Judge me not too harshly! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  11. Londo Molari

Londo Molari

Jan 1, 2014
    2 blocks east of Mars
    Decendant from the Clovis culture. "Emitting that wonderful bass effect since 1970".
    A long time ago I wrote a tune for exactly the kind of uncertainty and anxiety that many seem to feel today.
    Imagine this to be the soundtrack for the day you woke up and realized we had a problem.

12. skyline_01

skyline_01 Endorsing artist: Nordstrand Audio, Tsunami Cables Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    Lots of folks are posting covers on FB so I did one the other night. I blurred my face simply bc my expressions are hella disturbing and distracting LOL.

andruca, Ellery, c-ba55 and 5 others like this.
  13. 210superair

210superair

Sep 10, 2019
    Nice man, but I wanna see the Hella disturbing faces! Lol...

14. finfrocka

finfrocka

Jul 12, 2005
    St Charles Il
    Great idea, I've recorded three so far. These aren't complete and have no vocals. In fact there's a lot of notes I would typically preface posting these with but what the hell who cares. There is enough here for people to enjoy (or so i hope).

Basics:
    Battery 3 for drum programming
    I'm playing guitar, its an ibanez pf100 vintage just after the lawsuit I believe
    Basses: First and Third are a 5string schecter elite studio and 4th is my new vintera precision
    All processing done in ableton with a multitude of plugins, for guitar and bass effects though primarily WAVES guitar and bass modeling stuff

Attached Files:

15. + 1 :laugh: mine are also not bad at all :laugh::laugh:

210superair likes this.
  16. 210superair

210superair

Sep 10, 2019
    Nice man, dig it. Have you got lyrics and just haven't done it yet?

finfrocka likes this.
  17. skyline_01

skyline_01 Endorsing artist: Nordstrand Audio, Tsunami Cables Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    I don't think you realize what it is you wish for...:laugh:

210superair likes this.
  18. finfrocka

finfrocka

Jul 12, 2005
    St Charles Il
    No I don't have any lyrics yet. I'm kind of torn. I want to play these in a band setting and i'm no vocalist or lyricist or much of a guitarist for that matter. So I'm not sure if I should even attempt to finish these myself since i'll probably never be able to seperate myself from what I have already created.

I'm glad that you dig them though!

210superair likes this.
  19. Dynomuttasaurus

Dynomuttasaurus

Jul 23, 2016
    Milwaukee
    I'm averaging a song a week using the time saved not commuting or practicing with the cover band. The other thing I've been doing is trying to experiment more. Both the below songs were written on the guitar, which is not my default instrument by any means.

Subject and lyrics 80% written by a friend who is a shut-in every day, week, month, year.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021