Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post your questionable condiment choices!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Mar 3, 2003.

1. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Okay, everyone has at least one embarassingly bizarre addition they make to an otherwise normal food. I'm sure of it. I've seen people put ketchup on the darndest things... and then there was a guy in my dorm back in college who would eat any food combo you could think of for five bucks.

Mine? I put soy sauce on macaroni and cheese! Yes, it's weird, but after I revealed this to my wife and she tried it, she won't eat it any other way. I guess we were sorta meant for each other. :D

2. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    Cobb!
    scrambled eggs with worcestishire sauce mmmm.

wendy's fries dipped in frosty mmmm.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    When I was in elementary and middle schools I loved putting ketchup on the rolls. And for a little while, I loved corn with a little barbeque sauce. The only one that's really stayed is Funions with Peanut Butter. Not necessarily good, but not bad, either. Kind of a neutral taste.

4. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I agree! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I also enjoy ketchup on EVERYTHING!!!

5. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Word :cool:

6. dip your pickles in peanut butter. how yummy. then a girl i know puts chocolate sauce in her corn yuck then my sister mai-lai eats her fries with sour cream, says it tastes almost like a baked potato. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. i should try that one. i also have a friend who puts thousand island dressing on everything. :D

7. N itt0

N itt0

Oct 5, 2002
    Marietta, GA
    Mayonase on french fries! Peanut butter bananna and mayonase sandwiches! Guess I like mayo! :)

8. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I think I know a million people taht dip their fries in their frostys..its pretty normal actually. I know a whoellot of people that love to dump ketchup on everythign too. Sorry guys, your not that weird. ;):)
    Personally, I love sippin cheese sticks in peanut butter. yah I'm not that weird either, well, maybe not in that area at least :D

9. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I have a friend who mixes ketchup and honey for chicken nuggets!

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    That's perfectly normal.

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I like feta cheese on just about anything,but most notoriously
    chocolate chip pancakces.

I like hot sauce on eggs, and I dig mustard on a lot of things too.

12. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I cannot eat a McDonalds McMuffin sandwhich unless I have a Sweet & Sour sauce packet (usually for the McNuggets) to put on it (I get some weird looks at the drive-thru).

As far as the French fry/Frosty thing, my Mother says they were dipping french fries in milkshakes back when she was a kid in the 50s. I guess its nothing new.

13. Me too, but i put bbq sauce on everything. Sometimes I use it as a pasta sauce. Good stuff.

14. Wownirvana

Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    A-1 steak sauce on macaroni and cheese. Dont' knock it till you try it. My friend eats scramble eggs with cheese (mmmmm) and ranch dressing (hork)

15. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    I will eat anything if it has gravy on it. Gravy on Jalopenos is really good.

16. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    One of my favourite 5 minutes 1PM breakfast butties:

Toasted bacon and cheese sarny dowsed in barbeque sauce:D

Salad cream in chip butties is another one of my favourites.

17. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Tuna salad on pizza.

Nuff said.

18. babecker

babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    Hot sauce and Sour Cream on anything and everything

19. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    KD topped with cherry pie filling. Haven't had that in years...

2nd favorite - pizza with gravy

20. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    You Brits'll eat anything - just like truckers at a West Virginia truck stop at 3AM.

:D