Post your rig

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bigfeet, Feb 21, 2002.

1. The topic came up in a thread recently and I'm interested on how everyone chains up their effects... [edit: but it lead on to a post your rig thread, I'm moving it to Misc. so some of you that don't mossy on to effects can get in on the action. So much for the gearheads :rolleyes:]

I have mine up like this:
    <li>Q-tron+ (usually set it snaked in highpass on down mode or bandpass up mode and quick in lowpass or bandpass up modes.) ></li>
    <li>EH Bass Micro Synth (I have Three setting on this pedal that I really like {each slider going up to +15}:
    1. -octave:13 dry:2 +octave:8 squarewav:3, filter off
    2. -octave:3 dry:10 +octave:12 squarewav:12, filter set to start on the low freq. and stop at mid high res and moderate rate.
    3. -octave:15 dry:1 +octave:1 squarewav:4, filter low res, high rate)></li>
    <li>Line6 DL4 (three presets: Auto volume echo, Anolog Echo w/mod and Tape echo)</li>
    <li>Barrowed Electrix Vocoder (Very wacky and srange sounding: if you can pick one up its a great effect.)</li>
  2. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    I'll play your game:

All my pedals are in my GCX system, so when I use any given pedal it's the only thing in the chain, and if I use no pedals there's nothing in the chain except the Guitar Audio Switcher. But when they're all on it would be:

Boss ODB-3, into
    MXR Phase 90, into
    Boss BF-2, into
    Danelectro Dan-Echo

I want to replace the BF-2, turns out flange isn't an effect for me. I'll give it to my brother for use on guitar. I plan on getting a Pod Pro for recording, but will use it for a few effects live as well, mainly the Tron emulations, and possibly the Synth occasionally. I know it's not a multi-effect unit, but who am I to resist synth bass?
  3. Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    maestro brassmaster clone
    modded ts-9 clone
    hog's foot bass booster clone

sometimes use:
    modded big muff clone, ibanez FL-9 flanger, Q-tron
  4. Wild Bill

Wild Bill

Dec 30, 2001
    Boston MA
    I have a Danelectro pedal board set it has,Tuner, 7-band EQ, compressor, chorus, and reverb
  5. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Fender P-Bass > EBS Octabass > Crowther Audio Prunes+Custard > EHX Q-Tron > Ernie Ball volume pedal > Hartke 3500 & Bag End S-15D
  6. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Fulltone Bassdrive>Dunlop 105Q Wah>Future Girls True Bypass effects loop pedal> amp

in the effects loop of the True Bypass pedal I have Boss TU-2>EBS BassIQ>Boss CEB3 Chorus> DOD DFX9 Delay

The whole thing (all effects) mounted on a homemade 2 tier pedal board with Monster bass Cable in the main line and George L's effects kit cables in the effects loop pedal's loop. All powered by a switchmode power supply
  7. 1. Frantone Lotone Classic Fuzz (I set the fuzz knob all the way up and the tone most of the way up for most stuff.. I turned the tone knob most of the way down when my band covered Mean Mr. Mustard by the Beatles.. volume knob is set as needed)

2. Maestro Stage Phaser (usually with the depth set pretty high and using a slow speed preset that spins up to speed when engaged and spins down when disengaged.. pretty cool)

3. BBE Stinger (both high and low knobs are a bit above half)
  8. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    I just got one of those-- man, those things are the bomb!!! So small...

My roommate/guitar player just got a sweet pedal board for his rig, the Pedalpad RM-10...
    I'm really enjoying reading everyone's responses here... it's keeping the GAS levels up!! :D
  9. Jeb T

Jeb T

Feb 19, 2002
    San Carlos, CA
    There's a Mini Q-tron and Bass Microsynth on top of my amp, both are unplugged until ready to use. These effects don't work well through the effects loop of the Nemesis 2x10, and diminish the bass sound too much to have one or both hooked up.

I've got some effects at home that I'm not happy with but haven't gotten around to selling yet:

Ibanez Phathed Distortion
    EBS Hi-Q
    EBS Octabass (I like this one a lot, but don't use it much)
    MXR envelope filter, circa early 80's
    Jim Dunlop 105-Q Bass Wah (it doesn't give the trebly thwaka-thwaka I was looking for)

Two years ago, I was anti-effects!
  10. Bass

-Mesa Boogie Bottle Rocket tube distortion/preamp
    -Boss BF-2 Flanger (for sale!)
    -Boss CE-3 Chorus

(also for sale: Boss Metal Zone, Boss Bass Overdrive!)
  11. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Here's my two slightly different chains:

they're different for fuzz before/after auto wah

the LS-2 lets me blend a clean sound, or do a clean boost

12. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I keep it pretty simple!
    Fender J or P into Boss TU2 - Boss BF2 - SansAmp - Wt400 or SVT3pro!
  13. Geez..I'm envious of your fancy diagrams, those look great! BF, where did you get the graphics for those?
    I wanna play too!
  14. I make them myself in a combination of Adobe Illustrator 7.0 and Photoshop 5.5, I start it out as a vector graphic and then convert it to bitmap. The design font is Typo Negative. I'm a graphic design geek, I do all my rigs in the same way...
  15. I think you have a bit too much freetime on yer hands there pal....!
    Hey...maybe you could make some of those for me? That's allot to ask...I would love to have little vector graphics of my boxes, that would be so great.
  16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

The DW Labs quickchange allows me to run five effects loops and switch between them as four groups. Each color is a different group. After the quickchange, they will go into a PreSonus Digitube pre-amp (when it gets here!) a Behringer Composer Pro and then into a Mackie 1400i and SWR 4x10.

edit: I just got the quickchange, so i'm still in the experiment phase with placement.
  17. Actually, it's no problem; it gets pretty easy when you know the programs. It took me ten minutes to make that one believe it or not. I avoid freebies though, sorry (starving artist thing). I actually have been thinking of making my own vector program that allows musicians to layout effects (basses, guitars, amps, ect...) and create diagrams of their rigs (or at least their dream rigs). By laying out pre made sort of clipart items from a large selection of effects. That should proove difficult.
  18. Don't feel like sharing any of your current clipart gifs w/ me huh? Wouldn't have any spare Prunes+Custard, Korg G5 or Mutron III items poking around your computer would you..?