1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Post your stage name (or what you would use if you had to have one)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dBChad, Oct 2, 2018.

1. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    I really wanted William Murderface but it was already taken. So, Larry Dallas it is.

redwingxix likes this.
  2. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

If I had to have one... Griz?

It's been my nickname for as long as I can remember. We don't get to pick our nicknames so I guess mine could have been a lot worse. The reason for it is dumb though. I hit puberty very early and had a decently hairy chest by the end of my first year of Jr High. Grizzly Adams was a thing then . . .

Thanks guys...

dBChad likes this.
  3. HOOLIGAN

HOOLIGAN

Dec 21, 2007
    Cowtown, USA
    Punky Bruiser

4. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    The name I am known by here at TB, which not coincidentally is my middle name. My first name is reserved for personal friends.

5. mwbassace

mwbassace

Jul 26, 2010
    N.W. Ohio
    Johnny BigRig

6. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    A punk band I was in circa 1979 gave me the nickname "Bobby Bellevue" because of how crazy I'd go onstage.

I once performed in a classmate's recital under the name "Jacqueaux Hysteresis" ...I trust the derivation needs no explanation.

On a couple of recording projects in the early 1990s I played guitar under the pseudonym "Cleveland Fricke". Cleveland because my band had recently done what we unanimously considered our Best. Gig. Ever. in Cleveland OH, plus I just like the word as a first name (note, this was years before Family Guy). And Fricke because I had attended Fricke Elementary School in Pittsburgh PA for a couple of years, plus I noted that three of my favorite guitarists had last names that started "Fri..." (Bill Frisell, Robert Fripp, and Fred Frith). Not that my guitar playing deserves to be anywhere near their esteemed company...

Das Jugghead likes this.
  7. Barneyfife

Barneyfife

Apr 5, 2017
    No. I got that name from a Rodney Dangerfield show in Orlando in the 80's.

saabfender likes this.
  8. Hues

Hues

Nov 27, 2012
    see Burn Notice
    Scan Mona

9. Newer Dave

Newer Dave Guest

Sep 12, 2018
    London, UK
    If I get to choose I'll either be

The Gods of Hubris are Mighty and to be Feared

or

Sin Eater

It'll probably be Dave though.

10. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

The drummer's stage name wouldn't be R2, would it?

Bunk McNulty, fhm555 and Newer Dave like this.
  11. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    i always thought a perfect punk name for me would be Velveeta Macadamia...

but i generally answer to "hey, you"...

Bunk McNulty and dBChad like this.
  12. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I was in a band with three guitar players all named Dave. We called the pedal steel player Sitting Dave, the older guitarist Old Dave, and the youngster was fro boy because he had a natural and it just seemed right.
    As for me? Hi, i’m Fred, nice to meet yas. What’s my last name? Nunya, it’s short for nunyadamnbidness. :D

Bunk McNulty likes this.
  13. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

In the 80's, the drummer(someone you would all know)of a band I was in nicknamed me the "dirgemaster", as I was fond of noodling around with drony Peter Hook/Steve Severin/Simon Gallup type baselines. Musically, the band wasn't too far off from that kind of stuff anyway. It came in handy on a gig when the keyboardist's DX7 went down(yep, the 80's), and he drove to his brother's real quick to grab another one. In the meantime, on the spot, we knocked together a half-hour rendition of Joy Division's "She's Lost Control" to stall for time. Packed the dance floor. In the thank-you section of an album by a spin-off project of the drummer's famous band, they used that, as a joke, many years later. Other than that, earlier on, when shocking, anti-social punk stage names were all the rage, I was going to use "Eddie C***ring". Ain't no cure for bad taste.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  14. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez

saabfender and fhm555 like this.
  15. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    I was once in a band with some Italian/Anglo-Italian chaps. Gianni (Italian for John), Giovanni (also Italian for John), & John (possibly a Giovanni....), and my given name is Ian (which is Gaelic for John).
    I wish we'd called the band, "Dave" just to mess with people.

fhm555 and dBChad like this.
  16. Newer Dave

Newer Dave Guest

Sep 12, 2018
    London, UK
    Dave's not here.

pcake and Das Jugghead like this.
  17. Bunk McNulty

Bunk McNulty It is not easy to do simple things correctly. Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Northampton, MA
    No, he's the only drummer I've ever worked with who goes by "Drummy." In fact, he should have been called D2 since he was in the band before I was. I'd be D3. He'd make a great R2-D2: He's short and very difficult to knock over.

18. St Louie, because I was born in East St Louie.

19. redwingxix

redwingxix

Oct 21, 2015
    detroit
    Ghost Hands.

I can't be the only one that is forever unable to activate the motion sensing sinks in the restrooms, am I?

20. IamGroot

IamGroot

Jan 18, 2018
    I go by Groot

saabfender and Newer Dave like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 5, 2021