Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post your Super Bowl Predictions!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Max, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Playoffs start this weekend! Patriots are the no brainer on the AFC side. In the NFC, I'm going with my heart, and it's the PACKERS. Yeah!

2. Dude, the Packers have virtually no chance of winning the NFC. As you could probably guess, I am an Eagles fan (being from Philly and all). Anyway, they back-doored into the playoffs, and we beat them at Lambeau on Monday night during the regular season. Eagles are going to the Super Bowl in Houston with Home Field Advantage throughout.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Patriots will win in a second half rally.

[​IMG]

4. You are a genius my friend.

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Whoa whoa whoa... Wasn't it the the packers and the pats like... 4-6 years ago?

6. Yeah. They'll probably do it again too.

7. My prediction: One team will beat the other

Damn I'm good:smug:

8. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    Packers out of the NFC
    Chiefs out of the AFC

Packers over the Titans for their fourth ring.

9. Philly over Pats 20-10. Random shot in the dark.

10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Pats over Philly by 6.

11. I agree, Josh Walsh is a genius (Max too)!

12. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Alright, let's see what I (don't) know:

WILD CARD WEEKEND:

Tennessee Titans over Baltimore Ravens. While I think that Lewis will be hard to stop for the Titans, I also think that Tennessee's secondary will be too much for Anthony Wright, who's come back down to Earth, and when the Titans go 4 or 5 wide, I don't think the Ravens can stop it, whose strength is in their front 7.

Dallas Cowboys over Carolina Panthers. Stephen Davis is still not 100%, and even if he was, Dallas has proven they can stop him. Parcells will have his team up for this game, and that defense can definitely control Delhomme. Dallas loses if they can't control the turnovers.

Green Bay Packers over Seattle Seahawks. No contest. Seattle sucks on the road, and they won't be able to get Alexander going. Ahman Green is running like crazy, and Favre, (although not a strong playoff quarterback), is a monster right now.

Indianapolis Colts over Denver Broncos. Denver handled them last time, but I just have a feeling that Dungy and Manning will be fired up to get that monkey off their back. I do worry about Indy controlling Portis, but I just like Indy for some reason.

DIVISIONAL ROUND

New England Patriots over Tennesse Titans. This will be a great game. McNair is magic, but Brady and the Patriots are just playing so well. The Titans won't be able to run the ball, and McNair will have to do too much in the cold weather of Gillette stadium against a solid Patriots D. This will be a 24-21 type score.

Indianapolis Colts over Kansas City Chiefs. I had the Chiefs in the Super Bowl during the preseason, but their D has melted. While the Colts can't stop the Chiefs' offense, they can match them, particularly with a solid dose of a healthy Edgerrin James.

Philadelphia Eagles over Dallas Cowboys. Wow do I want the Cowboys in this game. Dallas knows they can beat Philly, and the score in their last matchup didn't show that Dallas played really tough that game. Truth is, Dallas has zero running game, and Quincy just isn't ready yet for that aggressive Philly scheme. Dallas could win it, but the odds are Philly will take it behind a strong running game and defense.

St. Louis Rams over Green Bay Packers. The inevitable playoff game in a dome Favre melt down. Sure he's a great quarterback, but aside from one season with a Super Bowl crown, (which is big), he's always melted in the playoffs. Favre comes back down to earth in the St. Louis dome. If this game were in Green Bay, the Pack would win, as Bulger is a different quarterback on the road.

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

New England Patriots over Indianapolis Colts. Oh hell, this one really could go either way, but since it's in Boston....

St. Louis Rams over Philadelphia Eagles. There's something about Philly in the Championship game. And don't forget, they don't have the same home-filed advantage they used to.

SUPER BOWL

St. Louis Rams over New England Patriots. The Pats will have to come back down to Earth sometime, and why not when the Rams can get revenge for so many years ago. Look for the Rams D to try and take out Vinaiteri (sp?) early in the game!

13. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    The Packers are going to be demolished by Seattle on Sunday. The Eagles however will be the team that comes out of the NFC.

I say Pats over the Eagles 38 to 27.

Cheers,
    Chris

14. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Ya gotta watch that Tennessee vs. Baltimore game. To me, that practically is the "Super Bowl." Some people are going to get real bloody in that one.

Forget Indy vs. Denver - no Manning at quarterback has ever added up to more than some loose change in the pro's. That family STINKS!......(plus that sissy-named "Peyton" is butt-ugly).

I think the Chiefs may show up in the finale. They always find a way to win, even with their one-dimensional offense and sad-ass defense because their kicker is a dead-eye. With parity, it may all come down to a sad-ass field goal.

15. i dont really know that much about the league, but i love watching football (i watch when i can) and i know my local team (panthers) are doing well this year, so heres to hoping they get in!:bassist:

16. jawzzz

jawzzz

May 23, 2003
    Denver Colorado
    Broncos beat the Eagles 28-24.

17. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'm gonna play along with my buddy spazblow! :D

(Good stuff man!)

Agreed: Despite the amazing defense of the Ravens, Wright will melt down, and the Ravens can't handle a McNair-style QB well. Best run D in the NFL, but very suspect against the pass.

Disagree: Forget about it, you see the world through silver & blue glasses my friend. ;) As much as I love the Tuna (coach of the year, shoo-in), there ain't no way they win this one. They will lose the ball, but even without turnovers, Delhomme will nickel & dime them to death, and Davis, while not 100%, is still more than any 3 Cowboys RB's. If you can't score, you can't win - Dallas won't score without a running game. If they draft or trade well next year, they will be dangerous. Not this year though.

Disagree: Favre (he still can't say his name right!) has run his course for the year. He has a penchant for throwing stupid passes, the Seahawks secondary will make him pay for it. Alexander will have a good game, so will Green. The deciding factor will be Hasselback, if he can keep from making the big mistake, Seahawks win their second on the road. Sorry, Packers didn't earn this trip to the playoffs, it was a gift from Arizona (and a truly pathetic Vikes team).

Agree: Manning won't get hammered twice by the same team (Rick, watch it, Archie was a great player on a very mediocre team, he's in the Hall of Fame, and was on one of the all-time worst teams in NFL history), and James will run through the Broncos front 7 like a tank through wet toilet tissue.

I won't go past the first weekend, I don't have the thrassos our friend snazzyglow does. Once the teams are set from there, I'll pick 'em.

I will say that I believe that the "big show" will be Pats vs. Iggles, and the Iggles will sneak it out in a close one. (Rams?? RAMS?!?!? What are they putting in the water out there in San Francisco these days?)

18. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    You, sir, are on crack! ;) Belichick started over 40 different guys this year and ends with a 14-2 record, 12-0 to close the season, and that @#$%^& is coach of the year?!?!?! Still hot in Florida I see....

(Can you tell I hate the tuna?)

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Pacman is right, put the pipe down. :D

20. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Eagles, they have been big hitters the last 3 years in post season, with some bad luck. Look for them to take the prize this year.