Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post your Trace Elliot settings here!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lo-end, Jan 28, 2002.

1. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Hey, I was fooling around with my TE Commando 15 the other day and I noticed that I get a really excellent tone from it. My technique is heavy pick attack near the bridge with a .73mm pick (just like Mike Dirnt of Green Day). My settings for the amp are as follows:

Gain: Cranked up all the way

Bass: +2
    Mid: Cranked up all the way
    Treble: +2

Deep switch: off
    Mid shift switch: off
    Bright switch: on

This tone works really well for me. It has a slight distortion and has a ton of punch--like more than you can believe. If you have a TE rig, you gotta pull out that dusty old pick and try these settings!!!

Now lets see your TE settings!

2. i have a TE commando 15 and it's a lovely amp, you can get from full on bassy jazz tones to ear piercingly bright slap/pop tones :D

unfortunatly i can't tell u all my setting's because they change from song to song so i'd be here for hours, but most of the time i have it set up like this:

Bass: about 8
    mid: about 8
    treble: full

bass switch: on
    mid switch: on
    treble switch: on

i mostly use this when playing slap or with pick, i have it more bassy for fingerstyle, hope this was helpful:D

l8rz

Tom

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
  4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Well to be honest I'm still playiing with my TE amp!! I've got the AH500-12 head a few months ago and am still exploring it!! It's got the pre-shape, valve drive, compressor, graphic, enhancer!! A lot of the time I just leave it flat and plug the Spector in and that works fine - but if I do much I usually drop the midsa a bit, boost the bass a lot and boost the treble a bit - sort of smiley face!! It sounds good through the 4 x 10 with horn and 1 x 15!!! I really love TE stuff!

5. SMC300 + 1048H 4X10 cab;

normally flat, with preshape off, EQ off, compressor on at around 1/4.

for a more cutting, pick like tone (I play fingerstyle only live and recording), EQ on:
    +3@ 1KHz
    +10 @ 2KHz
    +3 @ 5KHz

lots of high mids to cut through guitars....