Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Post your warmoth or telecaster bass pics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 3, 2002.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am going to do a warmoth project so if any one could post their warmoths or any of their telecaster basses that would be great. I am just getting ideas before i make my final decision. I have come to a telecaster bass done in emerald or surf green on swap ash , still deciding hollow or solid body . Maple neck and finger board. Bill Lawrence P and J pickups. Schaller hardware and a perliode pick guard should be a sweet pea. Thanks :)

2. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    ...Something like this?
    [​IMG]

Meet Lady Luck ('85 G&L ASAT in BelAire Green)
    [​IMG]

:D

3. MAJOR METAL

Mike
    that wasent what i had in mind i was thinking of any warmoth or 51 p telecaster bass or any telecaster basses made by warmoth. But i really like those ASAT basses and green is my favorite color. how much was that in 85. Thanks for the pic your a lucky guy;)

4. Benavente

Benavente

Aug 14, 2002
    Oregon
  5. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Ah...
    I assumed since you said any telecaster bass.. just looking for ideas.... in seafoam green...
    maybe it would be fitting. :)

6. MAJOR METAL

Yeah thats what i want to do. Did it come from warmoth. How do you find alder and maple working together some people dont recomend it. the control plat were did you get it is that a standard. Thanks for you time thats really cool:)

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I saw that on the Pit the other day... Who Much?

that thing is a beauty :cool:

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    His Username is Benavente

His URL is http://www.benaventeguitars.com

and 'Prototype' was mentioned ;)
    :D

9. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Sorry I can't help at the moment, but John Wymore at Black Rose Customs is in the midst of building my Lake Placid Blue/maple 51 P Custom as we speak. Pretty much gonna be a version of the Custom Shop Precision that was produced by Fender for a while, with P/J config. He's using a Warmoth body and neck, and parts from various other sources.

I can post pics when I start to get 'em...which hopefully won't be tooooo long. He just had to send my neck back to Warmoth because they over-finished my neck (too thick). I think this time he's going with the Warmoth neck, but having Roxy finish it with the vintage tint finish.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  11. here ya go

12. bwbass

bwbass

May 6, 2002
    WA
    Here's a dressed up '54-ish Pbass body from our soon-to-be-updated bass body web page...

[​IMG]

13. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    This pricing on it is the same as the vortex. Base price will run about $1300 for a 4 and $1500 for a 5 string. Thats with your choice of color.
    The control plate Chris Made to fit the East/u-retro preamp and look like the original 51 plate. This one also has 2 bartolini soapbars in it as well.

Please understand, this bass is actually made not a parts bass that was put together!

I hope thats answers your questions. Feel free to e-mail if you have any others.
    thanks
    brian

14. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Just get the Schecter Model-T.

We all know you love DeLeo.

(Im gonna do the Warmoth 51-P bass thing too BTW)

Peace
    Nick