1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Posting a bass for sale

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by racecar5, Apr 13, 2009.

1. racecar5

racecar5 Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Myersville, Maryland
    Where would be the best place to post a MusicMan Sabre bass for sale, Ebay, Craig's list etc.? New to this website. Thanks

2. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    become a supporting member here at your local TB and place it in the for sale ads here.... other wise I do all at once and have sold several things here as well.

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The "best" place is here on TB in the classifieds. You have to become a supporting member first though ($20/yr.). After that, Ebay and CL are the main outlets to use. Ebay if what you want is the farthest-reaching advertisement, CL if you want the least hassle (local cash deals only). Yes there are other venues, but if you've exhausted TB, Ebay, and CL then the bass is probably firewood. :)

4. At first, try Craiglist and kijiji- local interest.
    If you feel you've generated enough interest, sell it... or move on to eBay.
    Good luck with the sale!
    Peace

5. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I only post things on TB that I feel should be kept within the TB community, things that I think are special for some reason or another.

Other than that I sell on ebay and don't think twice about it. That is the place for cold hard cash (minue final value and minus paypal). on TB, it's pretty good because usually people are respectful and such, but then again it all gets down to your pricing.

Thirdly I sell on craigslist and harmony-central just for added outlets, but I tell you, most responders are jokers on CL. IT IS MUCH better to be the buyer of a joker if they have seriously mispriced on CL than to be a seller on CL imo.

But regardless, you need pics, good ones, and you need to make them available on the internet easily.

For a Sabre, I would give TBers a shot, and then put it on ebay. Make sure you have it priced right. Easier said than done, I know.....