Posting for a friend: BC Rich Warlock

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by daniel, Aug 29, 2000.

1. daniel

Mar 20, 2000
    Greetings! I am posting this message for a friend of mine:
    He wants to buy himself a BC Rich Warlock model bass. Does any of you , or do you know anyone who have some experiances with these basses? Do they play good, do they sound great, + and - etc.
    Any help would be great :)

2. Offbase

Mar 9, 2000
    Depends. If you're talking about the expensive, American made Warlocks, there's nothing like 'em -- they look, sound & play awesome, and they're very well-built. As for the Korean imports, well, the NJ neck-thrus are ok (I owned one myself, and actually liked it), but the "Platinum", "Bronze" or whatever other "metal" tag they wanna put on these series are, IMHO, cheap POS'.
  3. I second that opinion, Offbase. The cheap ones hanging in GC are utter crap. I used to own a primo American-made BC Rich Wave back in the early 90's (plz shoot me for selling it!). It was solid mahogany, neck thru (of course), had the pearl "R" in the headstock, a kick-ass neck, split DiMarzio J-type PUs, and weighed...a lot. Mahogany ain't light! Their American made stuff back then was pretty awesome. I'm so disappointed in the quality of their "cheaper" line; they shoulda stayed upper echelon.
  4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Offbase nailed it. I played one of the older models (should
    have bought it) and it was great. But I haven't come across another like it. Look around though..there ARE some out there..:)