1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Posting in advance of interesting gig story...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by need4mospd, Feb 25, 2008.

1. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    (POST #7 for the story!)
    I recently auditioned for a band that has a strong, how do I put this, friendly-female attitude. The singer has a Mellisa Etheridge sound and look. Long story short, I'm playing at "Houston's #1 Lesbian Bar" on March 9th. Probably 100-200 women minimum there this day as it's a charity gig, maybe 10 guys. I've got no complaints. It's definitely a crowd that knows how to have fun. ;)

Anyone else ever play in a situation like this?

FYI, I am not female, however, I do have lesbian tendencies.

2. cymbop

cymbop

Mar 1, 2006
    Durham, NC
    One of my best friends owns a bohemian-type bar in Olympia, Washington. One weekend there was a huge lesbian convention in town so he and his buddies hung a banner that was well-received:

"Everybody here likes p**sy, right?"

3. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    This thread would have at least 10 more posts per hour if the word "lesbian" was in the title. :D

4. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Have fun! I enjoy observing human mating rituals of all varieties. It should be a change from the same old bar scene!

5. wingnut

wingnut

Apr 18, 2007
    Las Vegas Nv.
    Played at a "lesbian" bar one time and had the time of my life! They wouldn't let me pay for a drink, the owner way over paid us, they danced their booties off, we even found some hidden talent in the audience and them come up and sing! Get ready for the time of your life! The owner told us they had trouble getting "straight" bands to play there, seems odd being Vegas and all...

6. Big Hungry

Big Hungry

Jun 27, 2007
    Orem, Ut
    Tell them all you are gay yourself. You will get WAY more attention.

7. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    Well, the gig went great! I'll be telling my grandkids about this one! When I got there, I watched a girl take another chicks panties off(they were on top of her pants!) with her teeth. That pretty much set up the entire night.

I was one of maybe 10 guys there, probably one of 3 straight guys. Myself, the drummer, and the soundguy. I did feel a bit like an outsider, but I had fun anyways. Lots of dancing, lots of.....eh....intimate moments, and a surprising amount of hotties! I decided against pics as I wasn't quite sure that would have gone over well. I'll see if I can't find some that our band groupies took.