Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Posting Pictures.?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fetch Da bass, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Sorry I just cant figure it out...How do I get a picture to a to appear with my post or reply? but not as a attachment?????? .......

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    First you need your picture to be available on a web server somewhere.

Navigate to your picture in a web browser, and copy the link from the address field (at the top of your browser window). The link should be something like 'http://www.yourserver.domain/picture.jpg'

Press the IMG button when you compose a post or reply here at TB. Paste your link.

Voila!

3. Thanks, Anders... will do....

4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Post your picture as an attachment in your post. Then, right click on the link in your post and select "Properties." Copy the entire URL address and edit your post, adding the address you just copied, putting "img" before the address and "/img" after it (replace the quotation marks with square brackets).

5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Aha, you mean by posting as an attachement you actually implement my first step "your picture to be available on a web server", and then it's a matter of finding where the attachment actually is stored to be able to do the rest when editing the post you just created?

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes.