Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

posting the state you live in...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i notice a lot of people don't post where they live??? why? what are they afraid of? it almost makes me not want to trust them. there have been many times i've been interested in a peice of gear someone was selling, and if it were in an hours driving distance i may have checked it out. there's also an equal amount of times people have been looking for gear that i could have probably helped them out with - but only if i didn't have to ship it (i hate shipping things for some reason). it's also nice to know who's in your area to go check bands out etc.

so - if you don't don't have the state you live in posted expain youself mr./ms. paranoi - or post it dammitt!!!! if you agree then feel free to chime in.

2. I agree with ya Joe..i just like seeing where everyone is from. I also like reading peoples profiles..and wish more people would fill them out.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    New friggin Jersey in da house!

I think lots on the web fear the A/S/L crap.

I readily hand out an invite to anyone that visits the Jersey Shore in the Seaside Heights area to give me a shout.

Heck, my contact info is at the footer of every page on my website... though my # is different now (I do need to edit it)

4. Denial.

5. I as well like to check the profiles, I find it adds to my TB experience if I can learn something about the people I get into conversations with or read posts from. It would also be nice to see where you all are from (those of you who do not post it). For all I know, there could be a fellow TB'er living nextdoor to me, but I would never know; and here in Colorado Springs, serious bass players are rare - we need to identify ourselves and stick together.
    So come on people, speak up !!!

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I were you I wouldn't post the state I live in, there are some sketchy characters around here!

-- like:

Embellisher
    SMASH
    Blisshead
    Stupid Matt
    Blisshead
    Paul
    Blisshead
    Joe Nerve
    Blisshead
    Blisshead

Sheep Man

and Blisshead.

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ^ you left that "Blisshead" character out...he bothers me....

:eyebrow:

I have never hidden myself, I've met bunches of fellow TBers (thanks to a very hip day gig!), and have found each & every one to be an excellent person!

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Calling the kettle black aren't we, Joe? Sure, you're posting that you live in New York City, but what state is that in? What are you afraid of? Not everybody has heard of New York City, nor do many people know enough about geography to attempt to figure out what state that is in. I think that is rather elitist of you and insulting.

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    New York City, New jersey

:D

I live in California, north or south, well that's up to you ;)

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

:ninja:

11. Posting where you live gives me a perception of where you are coming from (pun not intended) when you give certain opinions.

I don't mind posting where I live. Go Astros!

12. Yay! I like how my name is slightly removed from the others. Except for that strange "Blisshead" character. Whom, by the way, I've never seen...

Wait, why am I sketchy? Because I seem to bounce around the world a lot?

13. Depends...you runnin from something? ;)

14. only my shadow.

15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    :ninja:

16. OMG run like hell! It right behind you! :eek: :ninja:

17. hurm...guess some are afraid that aliens will look at their posts, find out where they live and abduct them :eek: .

Well, i suppose i'll go ahead and change mine now...........just watch out for those aliens :ninja: .

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    It should be forced tbh.

19. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Why? Because ambiguity is sexy.... duh.

20. I live in RI.

So it wouldn't be very hard for a stalker to find me. :)