Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Posting Unpaid Ads

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Boplicity, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Three unpaid ads from Johhny Bravo have been deleted from the Techniques folder at the request of many members who were annoyed by the posts. I went ahead and deleted them as well as notified Mr. Bravo and the webmaster.

If Mr. Bravo had at least invited us to link to his web site and comment on the site or his instruction tapes and engaged in some dialogue with us, his ads could have remained in my opinion. However, what he essentially did was "hit and run," leaving his ads in three different threads and never returned to interact with us in any way. Thus I consider his posts to be unpaid ads and not sincere threads seeking our advice or opinions.

Actually I left his posts up way too long. Next time I see what smacks of an unpaid ad, I will delete it immediately.

jason oldsted

2. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I'm with you.The same thing happened in the John Petrucci forum and I was almost the only one who seemed to get annoyed...I tell you,geetarists have no brains!

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Ms. Jason -

Excellent work, well done. :D

Nuttin' worse than a freeloader! :mad:

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Considering his advertising budget, I can only imagine the production values of his videos. Moreover, from what I saw at his site, I sensed a very high suckatation factor.

Thanks, Jason! Wish I was still living in Boca Raton to come down and thank you in person.

5. NJXT

NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    The adds s*x, the web site s*x ... and he also spammed alt.guitar.bass and has been "kicked out" from the electricbass.com webboard.

Good work Jason.

Rick : LOL : suckatation factor ... excellent ...

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Guys, I waited too long to eliminate the sleaze factor here. Next time I promise to act more quickly. Bravo has not responded to my e-mail explaining my reasons for the deletions. Who knows if his address is even valid? Anyway, next time I see what looks like an ad, I'll hit the delete button in record time.

jason oldsted

7. Deeter

Deeter

Dec 5, 2000
    San Fransico, CA
    You went too easy on him IMHO . . . spammers should be put on a bus with phone solicitors and driven off the Golden Gate into the icy waters of the San Francisco Bay!

But that's probably because you can't go a single day without hearing from members one (but usually both) of said groups.

[​IMG]