1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Posts Batted In

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ray Holt, May 30, 2007.

1. This is pretty ridiculous, and not meant to be taken seriously, just something I thought of (must be from all of the baseball I've been watching lately).

We have our post counts on here, and our posts per day stats... imagine if there was some kind of "Posts Batted In" (like RBI's). For example, you start a thread and there ends up being 168 replies or something. 168 PBI's.

Like I said, really silly, I just thought of it the other day and felt like sharing. I think whoever started the "Song Uno" thread in Misc. would be a top contender :D

2. Alright, I can't figure out how to delete this dang thread. I clicked edit, but there's no option to delete. I clicked Thread Tools and it's not there either.

Gimme a hand.

3. Hahaha. The option to delete has been taken away. You could just edit your first post to say nothing then change your title to "mods please delete."

4. No he can't!!! By virtue of receiving replies!!! So...

This is an awesome idea. I think the person opening the fart thread would win hands down. Can the administrators set up some kind of reporting tool for us please LOL?

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I'm sure Major Metal thinks we are doing this already...and that he is "winning"! :p

6. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I think the Man Law thread is up to about 600. I could be wrong.

7. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    hang on, are you saying that if i start a thread and there are 1000 responses, i would have a PBI of 1000? COOL! lets do it!

8. Don't delete the thread, man... that'll totally hose your PBI!

9. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    My longest sentence thread is up to almost 2,200. And, it's a lot of fun, too!

10. I can't believe you're pimping your own thread to boost your PBI... Sheesh. :eyebrow:

11. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    I'm a whore, dude -- Never claimed otherwise! ;) :p :D

12. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    He's certainly a long way ahead of us!

13. How much for a hummer then? ;)

14. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    About $40,000 for an H2, I think... ;) :p :D

15. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Good luck counting all that up

16. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Hey I'm a whore too. What are we talking about?:p

17. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Don't you think it might hurt some other members self-esteem though? I mean, we can't all make a winner. That's why Soulgeezer goes for quality over quantity. Major Metal is just trying to fill in an emptiness that he has in his soul.

Really though, that's creative.

18. Well ya know, it would be a part of the board system, just like post counts. Except how many responses there are to all of your threads.

19. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Song Uno and the Longest Sentence threads are doing pretty good. The SX bass thread got so long Paul had to start it over! :)

20. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Hmmm...I've never heard it called that before...:p

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021