1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pot Dispensaries Now Open in California

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Helix, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    I haven't smoked in years, but I think this is pretty cool

I remember back in my 20's we all use to say one day it will be legal and the day is finally here....amazing!!

Booty Shaman, Pacman, BigDanT and 5 others like this.
  2. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Six months from now and we’ll have government owned and operated dispensaries opening up in this neck of the woods. Interesting times.

ProgressiveDoom and Helix like this.
  3. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    I went to Vegas for the first time in 12 years a few weeks ago...my buddies decided they wanted to get some weed....I was like "oh no".....turned out we went to a store so they could get some....legally .....it was weird

4. I have always thought that pot is far less destructive than booze. But with that said, my main concern here in California is irresponsible people driving totally buzzed and the accident rate may go up beyond what it is right now. I hate to see people getting hurt or worse. Just sayin.

5. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Weird for sure. For the last year or so, we’ve had illegal dispensaries operating in the open. Sometimes the police crack down, but many operate unimpeded. That’s going to change when the govt takes over the retail....

the harp unstrung likes this.
  6. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

Sittin’ at stop signs, waitin’ for them to turn green...

--^@

7. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    Yep. I think booze is more dangerous....but thats just from my personal experiences

8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i prefer getting my weed from a shady character, in a dark alley, off the beaten path, in a quick, risky transaction for which we could both be busted.

the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

:laugh:

Mvilmany, slobake, pcake and 6 others like this.
  9. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    I remember those days.....jeez, Im glad Im still alive

10. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I have a 10 acre pasture that I will convert from hay to bud on the day NC legalizes it.

ProgressiveDoom, GKon, Grumry and 7 others like this.
  11. JRA

i'm with you, brother! :thumbsup:

slobake, the harp unstrung and Helix like this.
  12. JRA

PM me when that happens....and say "high" to your new neighbor! ;)

PWRL and the harp unstrung like this.
  13. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    When recreational went legal in Oregon, new dispensaries popped up all over the place. They were very busy at first but things seem to be slowing down as the novelty wears off. I doubt they’ll all survive as viable businesses.

MJ5150, DJ Bebop, elgecko and 2 others like this.
  14. the harp unstrung

the harp unstrung Humankind: be both. Gold Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2014
    On The Bus
    N.A.
    I’m truly glad for y’all!

I rarely partake these daze, but I’m quick to start the discussion about spending my tax dollar to incarcerate pot smokers.
    That’s a travesty!

At long last, I’m a dues-paying member of NORML.

Happy, Happy New Year! :thumbsup:

slobake, PJMustangFreak, PWRL and 2 others like this.
  15. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Medical was mind blowing enough so to see full recreational in my lifetime really boogie woogies on my brain!

16. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    I'm in Kentucky. Probably be the last or among the last states to go there.

17. They've been around a long time, you just needed a prescription before.

18. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    Tangent alert

Any truth to the stories I've heard that many tobacco and beer companies actively lobby against recreational legalization?

Mvilmany likes this.
  19. Helix

Helix California U.S.A.

May 29, 2015
    Here' my recent experience...and once again I really don' know much

I lived in Pacific Beach for years. It was fun, but filled with a bunch of drunks. I loved it but man, there was a of a lot of drunk stuff happening

I then moved to Ocean Beach, its filled with the hippy type vibe..not much drinking but a lot more weed smoking...i got to say it was a lot more mellow....just saying

DJ Bebop and the harp unstrung like this.
  20. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I saw an interview with a pot shop owner a while ago. He had been running a medical pot shop legally for years.

He said because of the taxes and new regulations his prices would likely go up 30% or more. Also, he said he would have to hire help because of new packaging regulations. He used to be able to sell it in clear packages or in brownies and whatnot. No more clear packages and they all must be labeled with the exact amount of "green ingredients". He said it was causing him a big headache and a lot more work.

Wish he could find a way to relax....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.