Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pot question, and a question for the brice HXB-406 users

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Ok, so i've got a question about my pots. i have a problem with my volume pot on most of my basses, this has happened to most of them. since i am always playing with the volume on my basses, that nut always seems to come loose...all the time. and today it got to the point where two wires came off it, and since i am no big pothead, i don't really know where they go!
    so, question number one to the brice HXB-406 users, where do those two red wires get soldered to on the volume pot (i'm guessing two of the three on top, but i dunno)
    and question number two goes to anyone, how do i keep that nut on securely, and so it won't come off again?

Thanks crew,
    Charlie

2. Pretty much, all I can tell you is that Pot always tastes when its a joint instead of a pipe. IMHO that is

3. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    try using a tad amount of super glue on the nut, be careful so it doesnt get your bass, i have done this on a couple of basses i have had in the past and they never came loose again, but if you ever needed a new pot you are SOL.

4. jhfva

jhfva

May 2, 2004
    Roanoke, VA
    I've worked in an electronics shop for years and we use nail polish. Easy to apply with the bursh. Easy to remove if you have to. Any yes everyone has their own color.

Got a girlfriend?

5. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    I've got a simple rule. None before or during the gig and none when traveling out of state. ;)

6. well, thanks for the advice so far, but anyone got anything on the wiring?

7. anything at all? i've been emailing kurt for schematics or something, but nothing so far!

8. Wise words