Potential cab frying

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Jan 16, 2005.

1. I am getting really sick and tired of my cab, and I was giving some thought into sending all of my 2400 watts into the cab(it's rated for 400)

But before I go ahead and do such a thing, would any of the process injure my preamp/poweramp/bass/effects/anything else?

I don't intend on running the poweramp to the point of clipping, but it has plenty to burn the coils in the cab.

Anyone know?
  2. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I don't know what cab you got there but I'll give you shipping cost plus five bucks for it if you just don't want it.....

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I doubt that you could harm your PLX2402...Bob Lee and company have done a fine job on those amps.

BTW, I'll give you $6 plus shipping :D

I'm sure that there are those on TalkBass and elsewhere, that would give their "insert name of sensitive body part here" to have a nice cabinet; it would be a shame to ruin it just because you can...
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    If you don't like it, sell it. Its pretty juvenile to just destroy something valuable just because its no longer for you. There's certainly SOMEONE somewhere who would value it. Don't be wasteful. At least consider donating it to a local school.
  5. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i'm sure thor could give the cab to his son