Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Potential Deal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by d8g3jdh, Oct 28, 2005.

1. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    hmmm, well in my hunt for an adequate amplification system i have come across this, at world music supply:

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/bas...s/Behringer/BX4500H-PKG1.asp?source=PrGrabber

With shipping its 465, or 550 CAD for me. I have tried the head, i like it, so im more concerned about the cab. Anyone here have experience with either: This cab, any behringer cabs, and/or 1x15 cabs? I know behringer gets a bad rap on this site, but everything of theres ive tried has been alright. That said, i dont think ive tried their cabs, so any experiences/input/opinions are appreciated.

Thanks!

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    There is no such thing as great cheap gear, but, if I were looking in the budget range for a head and a cab, I'd get the Chinese Ashdown stuff, or the GK Backline, or Hartke, over anything Behringer.

3. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I dunno, this ashdown mag I have could easily be a #1 head for someone. I've gigged with mine a ton, and haven't been in any real hurry to get my svt fixed since this one is so decent.

4. Sojourner

Sojourner Supporting Member

And the Behringer is just a copy of the Ashdown...

I haven't heard spectacular things about the new Behringer aluminum cone speaker cabs. It's rated as a 600watt cab and is 8 ohms, so running it alone you won't be pushing it much at all. I'd be more inclined to start with a 2x10 cab and then get a 15 if I decided I wanted that extra low end. I used to have a 15 and it just wasn't for me.

As far as being a deal...yeah, but note that shipping isn't included. You could get the same stuff at Musician's Friend for 30 bucks more and get free shipping. Plus, there's a 2x10 cab at MF that's the same price. The 30 bucks you pay over the other price will still probably be cheaper than what the other place would charge for shipping. Or you could save a lot more and just buy a cab from MF and get the head from me...heh ;)

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

This even backs up my point more. The cheaper Ashdown stuff is nice. Why bother with Behringer?

6. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    hmmm, i should look into ashdown and avatar some more i suppose.

Tim, is that mag for sale?