Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Potential Rig...thoughts?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by velocraig, Jan 26, 2004.

1. velocraig

velocraig

Nov 1, 2003
    NE Georgia
    I have the opportunity to buy a small rig that I probably will not keep but sell in pieces:
    GK 700RB, Furman PL Conditioner, Korg RT-2 rack tuner all in a 6 space SKB rack....all in very good condition. Cab is an Ampeg SVT-410E in good conditon (a few scuffs and a tad of rust on the foot locking spaces on the top of the cab).
    All of this stuff sounds great and works as it should. Asking price is $700 but I'm pretty sure I can get it for $625.
    My question: what can I realistically expect to get for it if I break it up and sell it off by the piece?
    I don't use a rig as all of my gigs call for my Workingmans 12 w/ 10" ext. or I'm running through the very large house system at my church, so I have no point of reference.
    TIA
    Craig

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Don't know but it's a lot easier to lose money buying gear than make it, even when you know what you're doing cause the market changes.

But you can go to ebay and look these pieces up under completed items to get an idea - and I about gaurantee you won't get more than that.

Prepal.com has a neat little site for electronics and they'd probably have the Korg.

Good luck