1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Potentially Fraudulent Ebay Auction?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Blue_Whistle88, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Check this out:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Custom-6...ruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4acaad4475&_uhb=1

Is it me, or does that bass have no truss rods, despite the description saying that it has two? There's no cavity/opening for one at the nut end of the neck, and there also isn't one around the heal of the beck. This bass is a set-neck construction, which means that you can't remove the neck at all, let alone to access a "hidden" truss rod.

So, that means that the description is inaccurate, and that the bass has no truss rod(s), which is never a good thing construction/design-wise. Also, the top of the pick-up cover looks like it was coloured in with a felt-tip marker (though that might just be me being mordant).

Thoughts?

2. overbybr

overbybr Supporting Member Supporting Member

I see two grooves going under the fretboard

3. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    What are the two routs for that run from under the fingerboard and the pick up for????

4. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I'd be much more concerned with the poor fit and finish. Select the headstock pic and do the mouse over and take a look at the quality of the fit and finish, or decided lack thereof. I suspect the dark colors were used to hide the fact that it's very poorly finished.
    I don't know though, if a crooked nut, fret board wider than the neck, and edge sanding that looked like it was done by a blind man and stopped at around 60 grit is your thing, this bass would be ideal for you.

5. Hi.

Perhaps.
    I see two channels between the FB and the PU as well.
    Just as overbybr and hdracer earlier in this thread have seen/said.

What for if not for TR's?

Regards
    Sam