1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Potntiometers (Pots): Where Can I find These???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kelly Lee, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, I'm looking for some pots. I'm having trouble finding some 10k ohm linear CW-CWW, CW, and CCW, 6 pin, 6mm shaft, pc mount pots. Whew!

Anybody know of a good source other than Mouser?

2. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Thanks but Allparts only carries pots for instruments and not amps.

Anyone else have a source?

3. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
  4. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  5. what about smallbearelec.com ? i think they have pots there...

6. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yea, I checked them also. No luck. :crying:

The pots I'm looking for are for my Nightbass. The input gain and stereo master level pots are in need of replacement. I can't gig with it anymore as I can't trust the pots to not cut out on me.

7. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Looks like you'll have to do a bit of hacking. Looking for a specific part in a specific format is usually very frustrating... unless you want 10,000 of something.

I don't know what you mean by "CW-CWW, CW, and CCW." Are you looking for a stacked pot? Does it solder directly into a PC board? Good luck looking, but if you don't find it, there should be plenty of suitable parts that will fit with a bit of "finessing."

8. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I'm starting to get the idea I will have to use "different" parts if I can't find what I need.

Anyways, the CW = clockwise and CCW = counter clockwise. One pot I need is both. It is a linear dual pot where one side increases in resistance as the other decreases. Oy! I'm so screwed. :( BTW, they all mount to a PCB.

I'm going to contact several of the wholesalers and see what they can do for me as I can't find what I need in their catalogs. I guess I'll have to hope for a little bit of luck. (sigh)