Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Potntiometers (Pots): Where Can I find These???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kelly Lee, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, I'm looking for some pots. I'm having trouble finding some 10k ohm linear CW-CWW, CW, and CCW, 6 pin, 6mm shaft, pc mount pots. Whew!

Anybody know of a good source other than Mouser?

2. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Thanks but Allparts only carries pots for instruments and not amps.

Anyone else have a source?

3. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
  4. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
  5. what about smallbearelec.com ? i think they have pots there...

6. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yea, I checked them also. No luck. :crying:

The pots I'm looking for are for my Nightbass. The input gain and stereo master level pots are in need of replacement. I can't gig with it anymore as I can't trust the pots to not cut out on me.

7. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Looks like you'll have to do a bit of hacking. Looking for a specific part in a specific format is usually very frustrating... unless you want 10,000 of something.

I don't know what you mean by "CW-CWW, CW, and CCW." Are you looking for a stacked pot? Does it solder directly into a PC board? Good luck looking, but if you don't find it, there should be plenty of suitable parts that will fit with a bit of "finessing."

8. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I'm starting to get the idea I will have to use "different" parts if I can't find what I need.

Anyways, the CW = clockwise and CCW = counter clockwise. One pot I need is both. It is a linear dual pot where one side increases in resistance as the other decreases. Oy! I'm so screwed. :( BTW, they all mount to a PCB.

I'm going to contact several of the wholesalers and see what they can do for me as I can't find what I need in their catalogs. I guess I'll have to hope for a little bit of luck. (sigh)