Pots for Ibanez Artcore

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by YosemiteSam, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Hey ya'll. First post here, though I feel like I know some of you as I've been lurking a while.

I've got an Ibanez Artcore with an interesting issue: It appears to have the "wrong" type of pot installed for the volume control. It pretty much acts as an on/off switch instead of a pot; At 0 I get no volume. At .5 I get full volume. From .5 to 10 there is no change.

At first I thought this meant I needed a linear taper pot to make the control more, well, linear. But in talking to a friend he suggested that perhaps it's the reverse: that I have a linear taper in there now and need an audio taper.

Does anyone know what value pots are used in the Artcore, and which type should be used for the volume control? I haven't pulled 'em out yet and tested them because I'm worried about scarring up the binding on the f-holes pulling out the pots. Well, also because I have a gig coming up and don't want to disable the bass. But I can order the parts if I know what I need.

Thanks in advance!

-- Sam
  2. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Sounds like you have a linear instead of an audio (log) taper or simply a badly manufactured pot. No idea of the value, but when you get it out, it'll have it marked on the casing, eg 250k