1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pots, oh Gosch!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by sfusillo, Mar 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sfusillo

sfusillo

Mar 5, 2016
    Berlin
    Que viva el Basso!
    Hi, I'm SFusillo :)

intro:
    - music style: indie, rock, noise
    - Semour Duncan SCPB-3

innner question:
    ok, Dudes: as Tone pot, i put a 250K: i want a sort of filter through the niceful bright frequencies of the pick up, then comes the Question:

- if i put a 500K on the Volume pot, does some boost (on the already cutted bright frequencies by the 250K-Tone pot) come out?

it's a nerdy question, i know.. anyway it will be my first time in welding something by myself, under a supervision (thanks God!).

thanks for help and Jah-Rock&Roll bless to everyone!

a Big ciao from Berlinitaly :)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  2. Growlmonkee

Growlmonkee

Jan 30, 2013
    Florida, U.S.
    It has only a very small affect, and when you use the tone pot to cut some highs, the 500k volume pot is nearly the same as a 250k pot to me....it doesn't matter which one..I've used both, what I wrote is only my opinion. If you want to have a change in tone, changing the tone capacitor has more affect, .022μf cuts less treble, (sounds brighter), .047μf is the most used, .068μf takes a lot of treble out. (sort of dull sounding) .

3. sfusillo

sfusillo

Mar 5, 2016
    Berlin
    Que viva el Basso!
    Thanks!

so: given the SCPB-3 > if the Tone is 250K (human terms: 'planes a little bit-impercetible' of the bightness) and the Volume (i.e. sort of 'gain-even if percetible') is 500K, does not really effect?

just do not weld stalagmites of solder and destroyng poor potentiometers! :D

4. sfusillo

sfusillo

Mar 5, 2016
    Berlin
    Que viva el Basso!
    thanks a lot man!
    you just opened a Door... (y)

Thank you,
    SFusillo