Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pour one for my fallen comrades...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, May 22, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I am emmigrating to England, and had to give away my wonderful cats to some complete strangers today. I am so sad. :bawl: They seemed like great people, and have a nice house on several acres for my babies to run around on, once they get used to being allowed outside. They will probably like it alot better than my tiny apartment. Poor guys; they had never even been in a car before, and here I am trying to force them into cat carriers against their will, putting them in a stranger's car, and saying goodbye to them for the last time. I didn't think this would be so hard, yet I can't stop crying.

Here's some pics of my kids that I will never see again, Enoch and Quark.

[​IMG]

2. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    [​IMG]

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    :( I'll hug mine extra for you

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    :bawl:

I could never do that...

...like Speddling, I'll hug mine extra for you.

5. I would hug mine extra, but right now she keeps getting up on the desk and stickin her ass in front of the computer screen. So instead of huggin her, I'm just going to throw her off....but with love.

6. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK

That must be hard.

When are you coming over, basstriaxis?

7. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Once all my paperwork goes through, I am buying my ticket. Hopefully that will be two weeks, but you know how government agencies can be.:rolleyes:

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    that sucks :(

9. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    That sucks man, I gave me cat a healthy super large bowl of catnip in remembrance of yours. Hope you find a new one :)

10. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    :( it seriously is like giving away your own children.....ya shoulda taken em with yas...or something......oh well. will you have more kitties once you're there? Cat + bass = happy.

11. odie

odie Supporting Member

Maybe I forgot but what are doing over on the other side of the big lake?

Sorry about the cats. I had to do the same thing not to long ago. It sucks!!

12. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, I would have brought them with me, but you can't exactly bring animals into foreign countries. Sad sad. I'm doing better today; I've only cried twice.

13. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    My family has had no problems taking cats between the U.S. and Japan. I don't know what the laws in Europe are like though.

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    IRRC, the UK has very strict rules regarding the importation of domestic animals, there is a 6 month quarantine (last time I checked). The reason is to keep rabies off the island.

I may be out of date, but that was the situation a few years ago.

Still sucks about Enoch & Quark...