Power adapter not working with Behringer BDI21

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Archon113, May 14, 2005.

1. Archon113

Oct 21, 2004
    I bought one of these pedals today and it sounds great, but I can only get it to work with a 9V battery. I've tried several different adapters, all of which are 9V DC (as specified in the manual) and it won't work with any of them. Also, if there is a battery in the pedal, it stops working when I plug in an adapter. Can anyone help me?
  2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't know anything about that pedal, and this certainly isn't the right forum. Let's try Effects.
  3. Well, Behriger is notorious for "you get what you pay for" and that's usually not a lot..... But in this case it sounds like you have a malfunctioning pedal - if the adpter works in others.

I'd take it back and get a new one.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What does the manual say as far as current and polarity? If you have the polarity reversed it would explain why it doesn't work. Or if the pedal draws more current (not too likely) than the pedal can supply.
  5. Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    I'll try to check mine tonight when I get home. I have only used it with a battery.

But definitly check the polarity of the adapters against the BDI21.

If everything looks correct..take it back and get another.

On another note, I used the GDI21 (guitar version) as a direct box with ground lift for some live recording the other week and it worked very well.