Power Amp and Cab Config

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brohar, Jul 18, 2005.

1. brohar

Dec 29, 2004
    I just purchased a Samson sx1200 to go along with my sansamp rbi. I am about to buy a avatar 212 Neo cab but am wondering if I should get the 8 ohm or the 4 ohm. The samson is rated at 1200 watts bridged mono at 4 ohms, however the avatars rating is only 600watts. Is this a dangerous config? I though about getting the 8ohm and running that bridged but the samson doesnt have ratings listed for 8ohms bridged. Suggestions?

2. I would get the 4 ohm Delta 212 which is rated at 1000 watts and weights only 10lbs more than the Neo. That's the most bang for your buck, and just a tad heavier. The Delta cab is cheaper too, so you can buy a hand-truck to carry it around :)
  3. brohar

Dec 29, 2004
    I was thinking about that also. So as long as I dont crank the power amp running bridged at 4 ohms to the delta is safe?
  4. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    It's not so much a matter of whether you crank the amp as it is whether you keep it out of clipping.
  5. And with the excess headroom it shouldnt be as much of a problem