Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Power Amp and Cab Config

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brohar, Jul 18, 2005.

1. brohar

brohar

Dec 29, 2004
    Cincinnati
    I just purchased a Samson sx1200 to go along with my sansamp rbi. I am about to buy a avatar 212 Neo cab but am wondering if I should get the 8 ohm or the 4 ohm. The samson is rated at 1200 watts bridged mono at 4 ohms, however the avatars rating is only 600watts. Is this a dangerous config? I though about getting the 8ohm and running that bridged but the samson doesnt have ratings listed for 8ohms bridged. Suggestions?

Thanks

2. I would get the 4 ohm Delta 212 which is rated at 1000 watts and weights only 10lbs more than the Neo. That's the most bang for your buck, and just a tad heavier. The Delta cab is cheaper too, so you can buy a hand-truck to carry it around :)

3. brohar

brohar

Dec 29, 2004
    Cincinnati
    I was thinking about that also. So as long as I dont crank the power amp running bridged at 4 ohms to the delta is safe?

4. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    It's not so much a matter of whether you crank the amp as it is whether you keep it out of clipping.

5. And with the excess headroom it shouldnt be as much of a problem