1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Power Amp Bridging???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Mar 15, 2002.

  1. jokerjkny


    Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    Ok, i have no idea what this means. i did a search but didnt get much back. help!
  2. reddavid

    reddavid Supporting Member

    Oct 11, 2001
    Wayne, PA
    I think bridging a power amp usually refers to combining the left and right channels of a power amp and combining them into a single channel. This (about) doubles the wattage going to the single channel. So if your amp has the ability to drive two different channels, it MAY have the ability to combine these into a single, more powerful channel. I don't think you can do this 'manually', it has to be designed into the amp circuitry.

    From the Crown amp manual, "Turn the Bridge Output switch to ON to have a single input that feeds to a single output with twice the voltage of Stereo Mode. Use this configuration if you want to give up stereo capabilities in order to drive your speakers louder."

    hope this helps.


Share This Page