Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Power amp/channels question...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Jan 22, 2005.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Ok, so I just thought of this while looking for yet another modular setup... If I have a power amp and run 2 4ohm cabinets from it, how do you get the channel from the preamp to go to both amp channels? Are there two separate channels on various pre's that you run? Or do you have to buy an amp that will run bridged at 2ohms (if any even do that?) Something I was just curious about, as I'll eventually want to run both 4 ohm cabs (in the future, at least) at the same time...

Thx!

2. Most stereo power amps have something equivalent to a "parallel" setting, which sends the channel A input to both channels.

Mike

3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    That's what I was looking to see... I'm either gonna get a QSC PLX 3002 or Crown K2, so I'll need to check and make sure they both have this option.

4. I don't know about the Crown, but the QSC has a parallel setting.

5. I'm fairly certain that both of those amps have the parallel input switch. If not, you can use a Y-splitter cable on the inputs to link them.

6. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

The K2 sitting in front of me does. PM me if you want to know anything else about it (hint, hint).