Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

power amp needed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zoran, Nov 9, 2004.

1. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    hi folks,

I'm looking for good poweramp to pair with my glock preamp, I have Hafler P3000 which has great tone but I need more power for connecting two cabs. I would prefer some european mark cause I think I will get more for the same price I will give for USA product (because of taxes of course). I think about Lab.gruppen IP1350 (900E) or even for QSC plx-2402 (1000E). Is there any other posibilities in that price range?

I know there are mostly QSC fans here, but I really need if there some european substitute for QSC high quality?

2. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    i know only of one european company, but they are kinda high end www.powersoft.it not sure if any of their models fit in your budget but they are very lightweight, highly regarded for heavy use and high quality.

3. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    yes, "basic" powersoft model Digam d1505 can be consider as it costs around 1100€ but it's 2x400W on 4 ohms but it is very light (8kg) and 1 rack space which is great, while qsc is 2x700W. Main thing is that I have no reviews or any feedback of powersoft amps users to prove that high price and quality for it.

4. Buy a Lab.gruppen. I had a Glock Bass Art top, and now have a Lab.gruppen iP450 (with an SPL mic preamp), and all I can say is that the quality of the Lab is absolutely on par with the Glock. You won't be disappointed!

Vincent

5. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Lab.gruppen is definitely worth for looking, but I think model that you mentioned is weak compared to my needs. any other opinions?

6. Sure! Just choose another model from the iP line; the iP900 will do, I'm sure. And if not, then the iP 1350 certainly will! If you like lighter weight and switch amp technology instead of conventional torioidial transformers, then the fP series would be the right choice.

Good luck!

Vincent

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Another vote for Lab.Gruppen. Even though they are pricey, people have good reviews of them. I once almost bought one on ebay, thats why I researched it. Almost = it sold for a lot more than I thought/hoped...

As for Powersoft...... I dont know. I havent heard anything good about that company... Also, I dont really trust Italian makes, but that's just my personal opinion.

Actually some American brands are not as expensive as you might think. I've seen brand new QSC PLX amps at an Austrian shop for €1100 - the Lab amps would cost more than that. Also, Crown, Crest and others are available