Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

power amp problem!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dadodetres, Mar 26, 2005.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    today at rehesal i started playing and noticed 1 of the channels on my yamaha P322 power amp was not working, like it worked when it wanted to, but the led was on like the signal was going though and the clip led lighted when a big signal was there.

anyone know what the problem can be? maybe i blown it?

i brought it 2nd hand abut 4 month ago and never gave me problems, should i take it back were i brought it? or do you recomend me something to do 1st?

2. Have you tried a different cable? could maybe be that? thats as far as i know about anything im affraid

3. It will not be the cable..as the person stated the preamp LED's show a signal.
    I am not familiar with that particular amp but it does sound like part of the preamp stage does have a problem.
    Unless you can check for an repair bad solder joints or replace an opamp chip I suggest you take it to a reputable repair person.

4. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY

actuelkly its not the pre amp but the power amp, cause i checked both channels of the power amp and 1 functioens well and the other dont. it MAY be the cable from the power amp to the speaker, ill check tommorrow