Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Power amp recomendations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LuoLi, Nov 20, 2000.

1. LuoLi

LuoLi

Apr 2, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I'm still thinking about my next amp. A pre/power amp solution is coming back into style for me. Anyway, I think I have 3 in mind.

1) Crown K1
    2) QSC PLX-2404
    3) Stewart World 1.2

I'm kind of leaning toward the Crown, because the damping factor on that thing is sick. I could perform CPR with it. But I've heard really good things about the other two ( and the Stewart is really damn light too).

As far as speakers. I have a Hartke 410XL and a SWR Son of Bertha. I'm going to replace the hartke with an Eden 410XLT (8 ohm) and probably run it in stereo with both cabs. Mono into the Eden. The Eden is rated at 700+ watts, so that means it could take 1400 or so pretty easy. And I've throwing around the idea of getting a couple of Acme (4 ohm) cabinets. Probably the B4 (4x10). I would probably have to get a K2 for the Low B2.

As for my playing style, I'm into the blues rock thing, but Funk is becoming more important. And I really dig Rocco Prestia.