Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

power amp suggestions for my rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mrWr0ng, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Sorry if this has been done a billion times, but I've been searching the net and can't find much about power amps.
    Right now I've got an Eden WT400 going into a D410XLT and a D115. I'd like to get a poweramp, and change otu the D115 with a D115XL or 18XL, or XLT, whatever. I was looking at the Carvin 1000watt poweramp, dcm1000 or something like that.
    Can anyone recommend some strong poweramps that won't pepper my eden's beautiful sound, and priceranges? the carvin's only 300+ shipping or so, it's cheap, but I don't want to get something too cheap, ya know?
    Thanks loads.

2. Crest, Crown, QSC, Yamaha, Yorkville, Peavey ...

3. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    A lot of people on this board swear by the Carvin, you might want to check it out or talk to Brendan or Jason Braatz.

4. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    Don't underestimate the Carvin. They really are great power amps and definitely head and shoulders above others in the same price range. I have compared them to a Stewart that I have and I liked the Carvin much better.