Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

power amp ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by benjamintowle, May 4, 2001.

1. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    ok i have a carvin pb q1oo how do i hook it up to a power amp. nice and easy to read.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

ben - Your politeness is sterling. :rolleyes:

The Carvin's all come with power amps. What do you mean? If you slave another head with it, you can probably kiss the cab goodbye. (Hope that's easily read).

3. benjamintowle

benjamintowle Guest

Apr 3, 2001
    usa tewksbury mass
    i want to do this use the carvin pwoer amp to run the 15 speaker and the power amp i getting to run a ext cab cause if i use the ext cab jack it make the 15 inch get 50 watts and the ext cab get 50 watts .

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

So, I guess you'll try to slave one amp with the other? This can be tricky business. You might go to Carvin's website and post there to get some advice from one of the Carvin tech's, (known as "moderators" on their board), or contact their Dr. Sound. I have in the past and they do respond.

5. oo0o00o0oo

oo0o00o0oo

Apr 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Your gonna end up getting horrible sound and or blowing your entire rig, I would really advise upgrading your entire rig.

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I still can't really figure out what the hell hes saying.

Benjamintowle:

. <--- Whats that? :D:D:D