Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Power amps, and their prices...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muttluk, Nov 15, 2000.

1. ok, if you've read my other thread "omg, how many changes can i make" or somthign like that, then you'd know that i dont know what to do. it was just recomended that i go with a preamp and then a power amp. i had thought of this before, but never thought i had the enough money to do so. i like the idea, that if you need more watts, just sell the power amp, and then buy another one, instead of getting a whole new head. i basicly know nothing at all about power amps. i've tried to read all the threads discussing them before, and it didnt help me at all. so what power amps would sound good with the fallowing pre's... Eden Navagator pre, Ampeg Svp-pro, tech 21 bass driver. I already have the tech 21 pre, but i want a rack pre-amp. so what would sound good with them? i am looking for one that is possibly sterio, unless it can run down to 2ohms. if it can run at 2ohms, then it doesnt need to be sterio. i want it to be around 500w-800w. i know that peavey has their new power amps out that seem pretty cool, but i dont know the price, or the sound. i'm looking to spend around $400-$550 on the power amp. I'm looking to run it with the Eden d 4x10xlt cab (probly the 4 ohms model). thanks

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    For god's sake.

3. I told you, i think too much.

4. oh yeah i guess i should add, i'm just trying to open up all of my options. like, i dont think i want to go with a preamp and then power amp, but i just wanna know what price range that will be. thats all.