1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Power Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr. Soul, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Mr. Soul

Mr. Soul

Jan 31, 2007
    Well I'm building a smaller more portable rig and have decided to go with a Line 6 POD XT Pro into a power amp and have that go to a 112 Avatar and also run the Line6 to the board.

My question is what is a good power amp for my needs. It really only needs to run the 112 and maybe another 112 eventually.

I'd like to keep the cost down if I could.

2. Another possibility is the QSC RMX 850. To tell you the truth any power amp with the power requirements you need from a reputable company will work just fine.

3. Samson has some surprisingly good amps for a reasonable dollar. (or not surprising, if you're a Hartke fan)
    I'm running the Pod XT as well, into a Samson SX-1800 (about ($400, 600wpc into 4 ohms) and it's been a VERY reliable, workhorse amp. (runs into a Basson B210.... rated 500w@4ohms)
    rig is at ...... www.passionlizards.com/tliz
    The fan is thermostatically controlled, and even at full blast is very quiet.... a rarity. Speakon outs as well.
    I swear by power amp rigs. I'll likely not ever own a "head" again.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021