1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Power being sucked out of Ampeg BA210SP

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jamiefoxer, Jun 15, 2007.

1. jamiefoxer

jamiefoxer

Dec 2, 2005
    I don't know if anyone else has had this issue, but my Ampeg amp works well alone, but the moment someone connects a three-pronged, microphone-style line from the "Line Out" slot on my amp (to connect to a PA system), the sound gets sucked out of the Amp. It plays on the PA system and the monitors, but the Amp's internal speaker loses its output. I've seen this happen with other bass amplifiers before as well.

Does it have to do with the electricity flowing through both the PA and the BAss amp? Are they both mixing power through the wires and therefore causing a change in power controls (from the AMP to the Mixer head)?

I would love to get my Amp working right so I could use my bass amp as a monitor on stage and also send a feed out to the PA system so that it goes out to the audience with more power. Thanks for the help!

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    Line outs should be either transformer or electronically isolated from the rest of the amp circuitry, so even a dead short on the line out shouldn't affect the amp. I'd have it checked out by a technician to find and fix the fault.

3. jamiefoxer

jamiefoxer

Dec 2, 2005
    i might just do that, then. The amp's online "digital effects" playback has also been faulty...when activated, the sound output pops and snaps, as if the cable was bad. When the effects are turned off and I only equalize with the onboard 3-band EQ, I can get basic bass tones (full base, mid range, highly treble) and it works fine. Maybe the digital effects problem + the Line Out problems are signs that the amp needs some repair work.

Thanks!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 17, 2021