Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Power Brick 18V, AC Input

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JJBluegrasser, Dec 28, 2005.

1. JJBluegrasser

JJBluegrasser Wannabe Snazzy Dresser

Apr 17, 2003
    USA, Raleigh, NC
    Hi All,
    I realize this issue has been talked about quite a bit, but I can't find a solution for my specific needs. Here's what I've got:

Boss TU-2
    EHX Holy Grail - 9V
    EHX English Muff'n - 18V
    EHX Bass Balls - 9V
    Aphex Punch Factory - 9V

Future Growth
    Wah (not sure what kind)- assume 9V
    Small Clone - 9V
    Small Stone - 9V

I'm looking for a power brick capable of powering all of these pedals and I'd like it to take US AC input directly (like the Voodoo Labs). I don't want a wall wart with a skinny cable to the brick.

Any thoughts? If I've missed this in my searching, please feel free to show me the way to the old posts.

Thanks,
    Jason

2. benevan

benevan

May 2, 2002
    Memphis
    If money is no object, get the Juicebox

http://www.pedalgear.net/page2/page7/page7.html

It has dedicated 18-volt output and has enough current capacity to handle all of your pedals including the Holy Grail (which I think is rated at around 200 ma).

The Pedal Power 2+ or the Burkey Flatliner will also work as well, however, you will need a special cable to join two of the isolated 9 VDC outputs in a serial connection to double the voltage to 18 VDC. You can get this cable from Stomin Ground or direct from either manuafacturer.

http://www.stompin-ground.com/pics/voodoo/VoodooPP2Y-cables12web.htm

Additionally, the PP2+ and the Flatliner have enough current capacity to handle the high current draw Holy Grail. For the PP2+, two of the outputs are rated for 200 ma; all of the outputs on the Flatliner are rated for 200 ma.

The Juicebox and the Burkey also have AC output so you can power pedals that require AC voltage like the Whammy or Pigtronix.

3. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Do you have a Flatliner or have you used one? I am looking for a unit that can handle 120v and 230v mains power and that seems to be the only game in town. Otherwise I get a device like the Dunlop and get a euro wall wart to power it with. I like the Flatliner more. I sent them an email about the 120/230 thing, but I'd love to hear some feedback from a real user.