Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

power conditioners in the UK

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by paz, Jan 26, 2005.

1. paz

paz Banned

Jun 26, 2001
    Seaton, Devon, England
    ok i want to get one of those Furman power conditioners to protect all my newly aquired rig, but it seems that after lookin at a few websites for prices i found out that you cant plug anything into it!!!
    it says it has 8 IEC320 connectors, i just want the standard 3 pin connections, you know the ones you plug your tv into the wall. am i just being stupid or do you need to get new ac leads that vgo from the amp to power conditionerf or what
    somebody help!

2. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    You just need to get yourself some double end kettle leads made up.... :)

3. paz

paz Banned

Jun 26, 2001
    Seaton, Devon, England
    ahhh ok thanks alot this has bin drivin me nuts cheers mate

4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I got a samson powerbrite (essentially the same thing, just with a big light in the front :cool: ), it came with about 4 short male to female IEC kettle leads. I also got a long IEC extension lead, which I cut off one and and attached a trailing stadard UK 3pin socket, so I can power my multifx at the front of the stage.

I also got a belkin 3pin multigang powerstrip with an IEC plug intead of regular UK 3pin, for plugging in any extra gear. This allows me when doing small gigs to run my rig, my bro's guitar rig and a small PA entirely from the powerbrite. I feel a hell of a lot safer than reyling on little argos powerbreakers, and having multiway sockets daisy chained all over the place.