Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

power conditoners

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman_2_1, Dec 31, 2005.

1. bassman_2_1

bassman_2_1

Dec 31, 2005
    hi i am from the uk, and am wondering if there is any bass players who can recomend a good power conditoner? there seems to be a lack of furman products here, and other power conditoners for sale here are like £50? that cant be much good? i have currently got an ampeg svt4-pro amp and rack tuner and am looking at building a nice rack, can any 1 recomend a good furman one which will suit me better? or any other good well made power conditioner that could be recomended? i am prepared to spend for a good one but hopefully i dont wanna buy nothing too pricey, maybe £300+

any suggestions would be great :D thanks

2. Why do you need a power conditioner? Do you know what they are? They are just a rackmountable power strip! Why do you want to waste 300 Euros on one?

If you really need one ( :rollno: ), I don't think I've ever seen anything besides those furmans

3. bassman_2_1

bassman_2_1

Dec 31, 2005
    i want a power conditioner because i see alot of bass players using them in their racks, any they are suppose to make your amp last longer and run smoother. i want to know what other bass players think about this and which models are they using :D

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I'm going to move this one to the Amps forum. Your'e more likely to get an educated answer over there.

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    This topic is discussed at least every other week, and you'll find at least two open threads on it at any point in time. Bottom line, surge and noise protection is very inexpensive, and 50 pounds is the most you should pay. Voltage stabilization is very expensive, but the good news is that chances are less than one in a thousand that you need it.