Power Crunch Bass Time - on kazaa? who plays that?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Obsolex, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    i think it is victor wooten and stanley clarke, but i don't know. It is called Power Crunch Bass Fusion or something like that, please find out. thanks,
    :bassist: Soto:bassist:
  2. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    This .mp3 has been been around under a number of different names: the file I had was credited to Les Claypool and Stanley Clarke, for example. It's been discussed on TalkBass before, and I seem to remember that it is actually one "bedroom bassplayer" doing it all - there are no famous bassists (Wooten, Clarke, etc) on it at all.

3. wow he is one hell of a bedroom bassplayer then. That song is awesome.
  4. Arjan

Apr 18, 2002
    I heard that recording ones, it is pretty cool but I can do it too (really). It "may" sound like Vic, Stanley or Les, but the experienced listener will soon hear that it is just one of us amateurs playing around pretty good. Not to offend the guy who playerd it (by no means). It is a good way to bring out your playing to more people. Maybe I'll do that myself one day, heheh.
  5. My copy was also attributed to Stanley Clarke and Les Claypool in the filename. The info that appears in my Winamp playlist says it's by "BASS MAN BILL EVANS". Makes sense to do it that way if you're out to fool people; what good is using famous players' names to get people to download a song if you don't also tell them it's really you? ... Anyway, the guy is no Vic Wooten, but the song is pretty cool and he's a good player; he's earned his spot in my MP3 collection.
  6. dextro

Jan 12, 2008
    This is a very old thread but I signed up for this site just to reply to it. I have been obsessed with this track for a long time and finally found what I believe is proof of the originator. Bass Man Bill Evans is taking credit for it and seems to have some evidence to back up his claim.

Anyway, thought you might like to know. This is a truly sick track and the musician deserves the credit.