1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Power distribuiton between cabs.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lenrod, Apr 8, 2011.

1. lenrod

lenrod

Apr 6, 2009
    Hi, this may have been posted before so apologies if it has but i couldnt find my answer.
    Ive just added a 1x15 cab to my existing 2x12, im just curious how the amp would distribute the power, it will output 600w at 4ohms (2, 8ohm cabs). will it split the power evenly between the cabs (300w each) or will it split it between speakers (200w each as i have a 2x12.
    thanks.

2. In your case each cab will get half of the available wattage. At full power the 1x15 will get 300w and the 2x12 will get 300w. Each 12" driver will get 150w. If you want even power distribution then every driver would need to have the same impedance. For example, if your 1x15 was 8 ohms and your 2x12 was 4 ohms (2x8 ohms wired in parallel) then each driver would get 200 watts.

3. lenrod

lenrod

Apr 6, 2009
    ahh, makes sense now cheers.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021