1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

power for Digitech x-series pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Subersibo, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I'm pretty new at using pedals.
    I'm interested in trying out the bass synth wah from digitech. I read that it can drain out batteries quite fast. I read some bad reviews about the digitech power supply for these pedals. I might end up buying the x-seires chorus pedal as well so I'll be needing a power supply that can power up to 4 pedals. (I also use a BBE opto compressor.)
    Any suggestions? Nothing too expensive pls. Thanks!

2. alec

alec

Feb 13, 2000
    Perth, Australia
    Anything that provides centre-negative 9v DC will do the job, as long as all your pedals are 9v. 1Spot, Boss, etc.
    You just have to make sure that the power supply can provide enough current to meet the combined needs of your pedals. My 1Spot pumps out 1700mA which is more than enough to run about 7 of my pedals at once.

3. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    It is true that the digitech x-series pedals do eat up batteries like french fries. it would be a good idea to purchase an ac adapter to go with the digitech pedals you plan to buy. I personally would recommend the visual sounds 1-spot ac adapter. it costs $20 and it works well on digitech pedals.

The digitech xbc bass chorus pedal is definitely a good choice for a first chorus pedal. it was my first chorus pedal and it sounded pretty cool. right now I have a danelectro chorus pedal and it sounded pretty cool on bass. it sounded really awesome with my digitech bass driver. if you ask me, the digitech x-series pedals are pretty cool sounding pedals. the digitech website has sound samples of those pedals. here's the link.

Bass Pedals | DigiTech Guitar Effects

4. Thanks, guys. I'll look into the 1spot.i currently have an mxr env filter but don't use it much to justify keeping it so I'm thinking of getting the digitech bsw which can do the octave thing.