1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Power in effects with sources other than factory adapter?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Musicman1901, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Hey guys I don't know a ton about voltage and mA and all that stuff. I'm trying to reduce clutter on my board and reduce wire underneath. Looking to buy a second voodoo labs box to replace adapters. My question is that I have the digitech bass whammy and source audio manta both of which came with factory adapters. Can I run these with a different power supply somehow? Anybody done it? Trying to get of all my chunky adapters.

2. blizward

blizward

Feb 21, 2013
    Rennes - France
    I power a Bass whammy with a T-Rex power supply without any problem. I checked the Manta manual and it needs 9v DC to function. I assume it's center negative like the vast majority of pedals so you're good to go. A good way to tell is to check on the Manta's power supply and then power the Manta with the Whammy's supply and vice versa. You're not going to fry anything as long as you can see this on both supplies.
    center-negative-300x137.png
    Don't mean to assume you didn't know this, just trying to be thorough and anticipate on questions and save you some time.
    The only issue with a Voodoo Lab power supply such as the Pedal Power 2+ would be that not all the power outputs can deliver enough power. The Manta needs 140-180 mA
    and the Whammy 265 mA. That's quite a lot for a single pedal.
    Hope that helps.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021